Motu UltraLite
Dec 30, 2008 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

akrmx

New Head-Fier
Hello, this is my first post here and I´m a complete newbie so bear with me...

Is it possible to use the Motu UltraLite as a headphone amp? I´ve tried to connect my iPod to the UltraLite to listen to it with my HD25´s, but all I get is a sort of weak sound out of the headphones. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not possible to use the UltraLite as an amp for my headphones?

Thanks.

Dec 30, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 5

Sherwood

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't own the ultralite, from what I see it should certainly be possible. How do you have everything set up?

Dec 30, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 5

akrmx

New Head-Fier
Thanks!
I have the iPod (from the minijack out) connected to one of the analog ins, #3, on the back panel and the headphones connected to the headphones in on the front panel. I have set up and adjusted the gains and in/out channels so that it supposedly should be ok, but the sound is distorted, or sounds like it´s "unamplified" sort of
confused.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 5

ph0rk

Headphoneus Supremus
If the ultralite is anything like my old 828MKII, you'll need to dial up the input on the units internal mixer - you navigate there somehow with the front mounted buttons (check the manual). IIRC the inputs all default to nearly -inf dB, as they should for safety reasons.

I forget the buzzwordy term they gave the standalone mix function, but I do believe the ultralite has it.

Users who are viewing this thread