Motown had The Funk Brothers. Stax had Booker T. & The M.G’s. Rock ’n’ Roll had The Wrecking Crew.
Dec 18, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #16 of 23
  Wow, Tommy Tedesco was one of the instructors at musicians institute where I attended I never new this about him until now.

I'd be curious to know what he taught you at musicians institute because I'd known this for years reading Guitar Player magazine.
Incidentally I did studio and theater  work for many years and the articles TT contributed to Guitar Player(back when it meant something) were invaluable tutelage to me.

Sep 11, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #20 of 23
I just finished watching this. I grabbed a naughty copy because it still hasn't been released commercially. I signed up for news of when it is released on dvd, so I'll definitely be buying a copy.

Great film full of amazing stories. Thanks Mike for the heads-up, bro

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #21 of 23
  Carol Kaye, not pleased about this movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZEIEgvCcoU

She always complains about everything though, and I wouldn't be surprised if anything she says was simply lies. She was actually also part of the Funk Brothers, and plays on some Motown big hits. She tried taking credit for a great many of James Jamerson's basslines, including on songs like Bernadette or Stevie Wonder's I Was Made To Love Her.

I take everything she says with a grain of salt, personally...

edit- sorry, late reply I guess

Sep 19, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #22 of 23
So cool man.  I definitely will see this film...even though I thought that this thread was about that other 'world class' wrecking crew.  But them classic hits mentioned are just awesome.

Jul 8, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #23 of 23
Denny totally screwed digital backers because the are only offering codes to vudu. First that doesnt work outside of US and second that is not a download.

I totally regret backing this project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back