Motorola Razr V3 Cover/Case Needed
Jun 18, 2005 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

DLeeWebb

Headphoneus Supremus
Yesterday for my birthday I got a new cellphone. It is a Motorola Razr V3. I have been looking all over the web for a cover or a case that would protect the phone if I drop it etc. I had a really nice neoprene Body Glove case for my previous phone. [which was a Motorola StarTac...] I have searched on the web for Body Glove and for Motorola Razr V3 and have found nothing satisfactory. I was hoping that someone here at head-fi might be able to give me a lead...?
confused.gif

Jun 18, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 10
I had a Krussel (or was it Krusell?) leather case that was quite nice. It added too much bulk though, so I ordered a black skin off of cellskins.net. It's oh so hawt.

Jun 19, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #4 of 10
i've found that the cloth cases that come with oakley sunglasses make great carrying cases for the motorola razr.

btw, is yours the black or silver version?

Jun 19, 2005 at 7:31 AM Post #5 of 10
Apologies in advance, i'm going to thread crap a little here...

...My cell phone contract expires in a week or two, and I'm looking at getting hold of the V3 black... does anyone know if it is just a cosmetic change over the silver, or if there is different firmware... and also, how well does the battery life on these perform 'out in the field'?

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2005 at 7:36 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
Apologies in advance, i'm going to thread crap a little here...

...My cell phone contract expires in a week or two, and I'm looking at getting hold of the V3 black... does anyone know if it is just a cosmetic change over the silver, or if there is different firmware... and also, how well does the battery life on these perform 'out in the field'?

Thanks
biggrin.gif

cosmetic change? yes. the black is matte and smooth. it is not slick and smooth like a powder coat nor shiny smooth like a piano, but more like an anodizing job.

firmware upgrade? no.
frown.gif

battery life outfield? from first hand experience: light usage (messaging, a few short calls) 2-3 days. moderate (lots of short calls) 2.5 days max. heavy (tons of calls) 1 day max.

Jun 19, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
i've found that the cloth cases that come with oakley sunglasses make great carrying cases for the motorola razr.

btw, is yours the black or silver version?

I wasn't aware that there was a black version of the Razr V3. I probably would have preferred black to silver. [finerprints and all that...] I wish that I had known about a black option. Is the black version available now? The sales people at Cingular didn't inform me that I had a choice. I haven't seen a black version of the phone on the Razr Homepage of the Motorola website, or as a choice if you buy the phone on the Cingular Wireless website. The price of the Razr has dropped dramatically in the last several months. Obviously, Motorola is going to introduce a new flagship phone. There is a teaser promotion on the Motorola website for a phone called the PEBL V6.

Thank you tyrion and Mr. Karma for your case/cover suggestions. I ordered a leather case from AlternativeWireless. The Motorola V3 Razr Sydney Harbour Leather Case [thanks, tyrion], and a couple of the cellskins from Motocom [thank you, Mr. Karma]. I am still looking for a Body Glove/Neoprene-type cover that provides some padding, but these will be great for the immediate future. Thanks again! I would certainly appreciate continued suggestions from readers of this thread...

Jun 19, 2005 at 3:21 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
I wasn't aware that there was a black version of the Razr V3. I probably would have preferred black to silver. [finerprints and all that...] I wish that I had known about a black option. Is the black version available now? The sales people at Cingular didn't inform me that I had a choice. I haven't seen a black version of the phone on the Razr Homepage of the Motorola website, or as a choice if you buy the phone on the Cingular Wireless website. The price of the Razr has dropped dramatically in the last several months. Obviously, Motorola is going to introduce a new flagship phone. There is a teaser promotion on the Motorola website for a phone called the PEBL V6.

Adhoc,
I answered all of my own questions by reading the information here...

http://promo.motorola.com/premiermoto/index.html

The black/"special edition" version is not available yet. If it had been I probably would have gotten it. It appears to be the same phone only black.

Jun 19, 2005 at 3:34 PM Post #9 of 10
The black RAZRs are available all over the place. For example, here and here. However, with the RAZR case being machined from a single block of aluminum, I still prefer the "natural" look of my silver. Wouldn't trade straight up!

Jun 19, 2005 at 3:53 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickG
The black RAZRs are available all over the place. For example, here and here. However, with the RAZR case being machined from a single block of aluminum, I still prefer the "natural" look of my silver. Wouldn't trade straight up!

Thanks for the links. You definitely have a point about the natural aluminum look. It's a good-looking phone whatever the color. The great features in such a nice package make for a nice cellphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back