Motorcycles owners?
Jul 7, 2002 at 3:32 PM Post #31 of 38
well we're certainly covering some ground.

so far we've gone through bikes, helmet laws, gun legislation, jetskis, and the serenity of fishing.

maybe next we could all agree on which is the one true religion?

"that's right, it was the mormons. yes, sorry guys. mormons was the correct answer."

he he.

Jul 7, 2002 at 3:40 PM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by Outdoor Man
But in the US there are not much people who take there own responcibility and everything is over regulated, because of that.

man, i really wish it were just in the US. but alas, that sort of thing gets more and more prevalent everywhere, with the threat of lawsuits making everyone terrified to allow people to make choices, for fear they'll get the blame if something goes wrong.

Jul 7, 2002 at 3:50 PM Post #33 of 38
Damn! I thought the right answer was the Jehovah's Witlesses
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2002 at 4:37 PM Post #35 of 38
Jet skis are annoying, but some of the people that ride them are just stupid. One of them cut between our boat and my father skiing behind us. As if the neon-yellow rope wasn't even there! Then he sped off like nothing happened. Luckily the rope didn't get caught on the jet ski or there would have been some major trouble.

But the most annoying watercraft I have encountered while fishing has to be kiyaks. They tie up the entire ramp for 15-30mins, which results in a huge jam. Then, when you are fishing, they will paddle right though where you are fishing to come and as you "having any luck?". On rivers they are even worse, they will sit and "play" in the hole you are fishing for trout in. At least you get the satisfaction of seeing them flip themselves over while doing so.

Oh, back on topic. Most cyclists are good people, it is just that the ones that aren't are so annoying (loud pipes, weaving through traffic) that it is kind of hard to see past them. IMO, at least.

Jul 7, 2002 at 8:34 PM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by Old Pa
I hear you; out on the water, away from the usual. Good friends. Chance to think and reflect and the quiet to do it in . . .

This could become a religion thread!
biggrin.gif

Hey youngster, you may be right. I get out on the river and I really know God's around. The Ospreys fishin' and feedin' their young, Blue Herons, White Herons, Egrets. The thrill of catching a fish and the joy of releasing it to provide a thrill for someone else.

When I was in Alabama, up on Eufaula, seeing deer jump in and swim a mile or more across the upper end of the lake, Gators, Eagles, Geese, and the fish. And being out there is really it's own reward, just to see and be near some of God's more beautiful creations.

Oh, and the adrenaline rush of a high performance, low frequency boat. (AKA my hot rod BASS boat)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back