Most unpleasant awakenings
Sep 5, 2002 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

acs236

Headphoneus Supremus
Last night I awoke in the middle of the night in the most unpleasant way I ever had. At about 3 in the morning I awoke with my dog chomped on to my middle finger. I have absolutely no idea why. She is prone to dreaming, though. I've noticed she wakes up in a freaked out state fairly often. She generally sleeps between my wife and me. I suppose she woke up, freaked out, and bit. OUCH!!! While a small dog, the french bulldog has very powerful jaws. After the bleeding stopped, I kicked her off the bed. Luckily, she's too stubby to jump on the bed herself.

Anyway, this was certainly the most unpleasant awaking experience I've ever had.

Sep 5, 2002 at 5:12 PM Post #2 of 28
One of my most unpleasant awakenings happened last September 11. My son barged into my bedroom, saying that my brother-in-law had called and told him that "Paris has attacked New York". I stumbled out to the TV, wondering what had gotten the Freench so upset at the U.S. that they launched an attack. "Paris" turned out to be "terrorists", and we all know where things went from there.

Sep 5, 2002 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 28
Woke up, opened my eyes and there was a 5 inche long grasshopper sitting on my chest staring at me. I freaked so much. Caught the damn thing and put it in a plastic sandwich bag, proceeded to punch it to a bloody pulp.

Sep 5, 2002 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 28
Dreamed that my wife had disassembled my Leica IIIf camera for some reason and was flatly denying she did it. I had to wake up and think about how it looks inside to realize it wasn't true.

Sep 5, 2002 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 28
eww.

funny the thread pops up, i just woke up last night to my stereo, which spontaneously decided to blare static at a volume far greater than it was set to (not to mention there was nothing playing) for about 2 seconds. i flipped out.

i guess thats not as bad as waking up to buzzing in my ear, and find out i have about 12 huge mosquito bites. my room is right next to the front door, so this happens about twice every summer. once it was about 8 bites right on my face, and i had to go to high school that day. bleh. i keep a can of off at the head of my bed just for those occations.

Sep 5, 2002 at 9:07 PM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by acs236
Last night I awoke in the middle of the night in the most unpleasant way I ever had. At about 3 in the morning I awoke with my dog chomped on to my middle finger. I have absolutely no idea why. She is prone to dreaming, though. I've noticed she wakes up in a freaked out state fairly often. She generally sleeps between my wife and me. I suppose she woke up, freaked out, and bit. OUCH!!! While a small dog, the french bulldog has very powerful jaws. After the bleeding stopped, I kicked her off the bed. Luckily, she's too stubby to jump on the bed herself.

Anyway, this was certainly the most unpleasant awaking experience I've ever had.

well consider yourself lucky, it could had been much worst
wink.gif

Sep 5, 2002 at 11:29 PM Post #7 of 28
Years ago, (1969-70) after a night of heavy drinking etc.; my Irish Setter had punctured my waterbed during the night while I was passed out. The water leaked out of the vinyl bladder and most of it was contained in the frame by the liner. Luckily I used to sleep with two firm pillows...otherwise I may have drowned in bed.

I don't know how long I was sleeping in that puddle but I woke up wrinkled as a prune.

Sep 6, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #8 of 28
My rude awakening cam one day when I was camping in the foothills of the Sierras in California. I was in my sleeping bag near a stream I was fishing. I sat up in my bag and was greated with a large timber rattler curled up sunning himself just beyond my feet. Luckily it was a cold morning and it was a bit lethargic. I had a great cardio workout without moving.

Sep 6, 2002 at 7:15 PM Post #9 of 28
The worst would had to be when I was coming out of the anesthesia after they removed my apendix. I had forgoten all about it, and when I was waiking up I foud that I could not breath and I had a thing on my face, covering my nose and mouth. I tried to take it of but then I found out that my hands were tied. I started to freak out and scream for help when I felt a bunch of hands over my arms and legs, talking gibberish in a foreign language. I guess all the oxigen I got screaming for my life and my heart beating like hell helped me clear my mind, because after a while I realized the voices were speaking English and that I had just been operated. For a moment I though somebody wanted to kill me (wouldn' be the first time). Anyway, after the experience I really hate the idea to go into the operating table.

eek.gif

Sep 6, 2002 at 7:24 PM Post #11 of 28
Woke to an earthquake a few months ago. This was my first (just moved to CA a couple of years ago)...and needless to say, it scared the crap outa me! Thought briefly I was Regan in The Exorcist...bed shaking and all...
eek.gif

Sep 6, 2002 at 7:24 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

I had a thing on my face, covering my nose and mouth. I tried to take it of but then I found out that my hands were tied. I started to freak out and scream for help when I felt a bunch of hands over my arms and legs, talking gibberish in a foreign language.

Are you sure you weren't abducted by aliens?

Sep 6, 2002 at 7:28 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by mbriant

Are you sure you weren't abducted by aliens?

Nope, no anal probes Mike. Just a bunch of Cuban guys trying to speak English.
tongue.gif

Sep 7, 2002 at 6:15 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
The worst would had to be when I was coming out of the anesthesia after they removed my apendix. I had forgoten all about it, and when I was waiking up I foud that I could not breath and I had a thing on my face, covering my nose and mouth. I tried to take it of but then I found out that my hands were tied. I started to freak out and scream for help when I felt a bunch of hands over my arms and legs, talking gibberish in a foreign language. I guess all the oxigen I got screaming for my life and my heart beating like hell helped me clear my mind, because after a while I realized the voices were speaking English and that I had just been operated. For a moment I though somebody wanted to kill me (wouldn' be the first time). Anyway, after the experience I really hate the idea to go into the operating table.

eek.gif

Do not see the movie, Jacob's Ladder. Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
well consider yourself lucky, it could had been much worst
wink.gif

LMAO! I just want you to know, it took me over a day to get that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back