Most under-rated headphones...
Oct 11, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #316 of 362
I have seen some posts saying the dt250 but there hasn't been anything specific talking about the beyer dt250-250 which is a lot more accurate than the 80 ohm model

Oct 11, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #317 of 362
I am getting a pair of the k240S by the way and am also interested in the Koss Pro4aa upon seeing it reviewed on CNET and in the movie the conjuring LOL

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #318 of 362
I have seen some posts saying the dt250 but there hasn't been anything specific talking about the beyer dt250-250 which is a lot more accurate than the 80 ohm model

maybe some of my old impressions on the 250/250 may help

http://www.head-fi.org/t/124188/beyerdynamic-dt-250-or-dt-660/15#post_1474118

Oct 19, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #319 of 362
I was just actually pointing that out since I have owned both versions and have compared them side by side. I was saying that the dt250-250 is the superior headphone. I have actually started the appreciation thread here... http://www.head-fi.org/t/598201/the-beyerdynamic-dt250-appreciation-thread

Oct 19, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #321 of 362
Oct 25, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #322 of 362
What about the WoodTones Over Ears?  They sound great to my ears (my ears aren't the most experienced(only heard these, crap, and the Senn. 380)).
I'll give a little review based on what I've heard between the two.
The WoodTones were definitely more bass-heavy, but I would call them bass-head headphones. I could hear things I hadn't really noticed with the Senns.
I'd have to say that the Senns are more comfortable (WoodTones feel like they're trying to compress my ears), but they clamped a bit too tightly, and (coming from the WoodTones) I couldn't exactly figure out how I was supposed to wear them.  From what I could hear, imaging was better with the WoodTones, though I hadn't paid that much attention to the imaging.  I definitely preferred the Senns overall, but I didn't really notice a $100 price difference between the two.  I think the WoodTones are a great deal for their price.
In my opinion, the WoodTones are a good first step it trying out headphones.  you can find the for $64 off Amazon, so I'd recommend them to someone who would want a slight upgrade from their crap earbuds.

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #323 of 362
Totally agree. I have 2 pair. I also have better phones (AKG 702, Beyer DT 990 Pro and Sennheiser HD 650) but the look and sound of these Griffins is very nice for $50-$70. Noontech Hammos is totally underrated/not known. You have to pull the stickers off the drivers or take the foam out (see post on Head Fi on how to do this) for the Hammos to reach their real potential.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #324 of 362
apart from looks....

if i have to just pick ONE CAN,
that is easy to power off laptops/ipads...
yet scales really well with top gears,
big wide deep soundstage...
superb tonailty, clear, n yet with bass rumble,
works with most genres plus movies...

will fit most heads n ears...
less than 300bucks...
it will be the

D    T    1    5   0

Dec 29, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #326 of 362
  apart from looks....

if i have to just pick ONE CAN,
that is easy to power off laptops/ipads...
yet scales really well with top gears,
big wide deep soundstage...
superb tonailty, clear, n yet with bass rumble,
works with most genres plus movies...

will fit most heads n ears...
less than 300bucks...
it will be the

D    T    1    5   0

No you don't want this phone....(SHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....soon everyone will know!.....I WANT THEM ALL-- FOR ME>>>>MuHHHAhahAHHAHAHahaha....)
.... (Dr Evil laugh)

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #327 of 362
  Dt150 vs yamaha mt220?

MT220 has slightly smaller cups..so if your flaps can fit into them, then great,
the styling is more modern too.. ;
the yammy is live-ier..faster, very clear sound, bass can slamm..highs can soar,
it has that knack of putting u ON STAGE with the performer...
the humidity of the nite, persipiration, the little laughter amongst the singers...
i love it for live performances...rock...acoustics...movies.

DT150 is like the more matured big brother..cooler, more bodacious..
standing slightly further back..
giving that grand perspective on things.

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #328 of 362

MT220 has slightly smaller cups..so if your flaps can fit into them, then great,
the styling is more modern too.. ;
the yammy is live-ier..faster, very clear sound, bass can slamm..highs can soar,
it has that knack of putting u ON STAGE with the performer...
the humidity of the nite, persipiration, the little laughter amongst the singers...
i love it for live performances...rock...acoustics...movies.

DT150 is like the more matured big brother..cooler, more bodacious..
standing slightly further back..
giving that grand perspective on things.

Hey .... you CAN write with fully formed words!!  Bravo!  
tongue.gif

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #330 of 362

Hey .... you CAN write with fully formed words!!  Bravo!  
tongue.gif

my grammar suczz.... patchwork english from watching news. 

Happy New Year Bob..and all the folks here with underrated cans :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back