Most inexpensive good amp for D2Ks?
Jan 17, 2011 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Clincher09

500+ Head-Fier
I'm currently using the Denon D2000's out of a Zune and a Fiio E5. They sound great to me just with the E5 powering them, but from what I heard I'm missing out on the full sound I could be getting with my Denon's. I bough a PA2v2 but the E5 powers my Denon's just as well. I just ask for suggestions for an amp that would power them well without spending too much money, I'm not going to set a budget but I'm not going to buy the best amp out there, I'd just like an idea of an amp I could get that would be just good enough to power them well. I've heard good things about the LittleDot and E7/E9 combo. I'd also like other suggestions as well.

A few more things, I'd like an amp that will give me a good amount of bass, and I'll be running it exclusively out of a Zune HD so I don't need a DAC. I'll make a budget around $200.

I've also been looking at the Ibasso T3, can anyone comment on that?

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #2 of 7
I also just recently picked up a pair of Denon 2k's, I'm loving them and now looking around at amp options to see how much better I could get them.  Feeling a bit swamped reading tons of reviews, tech specs and large monetary price tags, so would appreciate someone helping us both out.  

So far myself I've been looking pretty hard at:

Headroom Total Bithead
IBasso Mamba/Toucan
Meir Corda Headsix

Part of me is almost tempted to spring for a Stepdance or Headstage Arrow, but as I've never heard a headphone amp before, and am still unsure exactly what they do, it's hard to justify spending more than I did on my headphones. :wink:

Jan 20, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #5 of 7
You would need a y-cable (RCAs on one end, mini stereo on the other).

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #7 of 7
I would ditch the E5 and pick up the FiiO E7/E9 combo, then you will have a very nice home unit with the option of taking the E7 when you go mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back