most fun things to do in spare time
Aug 20, 2002 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

BoardC3

500+ Head-Fier
wow i think i hit the jackpot this summer by getting a wakeboard. ive dont alot of stuff on snow but ive never been this hooked on an activity. ive just gotten to the point that i can get up everytime and turn and stuff but im still pretty bad otherwise but everyday i want to do it more and more its just the greatest thing. i wanted to see what other people like to do in there free time that others might not expect. Oh ya forgot to say TRY WAKEBOARDING AND DONT GIVE UP UNTIL U ATLEAST GET UP.
Chris

Aug 20, 2002 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 26
Something that I definitely want to try...that and kiteboarding. My mountainbike just sits around gathering dust...
Too many hobbies.

My girlfriend and I are going to go check out the Vans Triple Crown this weekend in Fort Worth. Should be sweet.

Michael

Aug 20, 2002 at 5:29 AM Post #3 of 26
The most fun thing I've been doing lately in my spare time (that I can post) is dirt biking. I haven't ridden a motorcycle this hard since about 30 years ago, and I'm wondering why it took me so long to get back into it. All that dust, or mud, and fumes, and sweat and pain - and the thrill of the ride - what a good time!

Aug 20, 2002 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 26
Quote:

i wanted to see what other people like to do in there free time

sex.

sorry... someone was going to say it and i figured it may as well be me.

i read a lot, hang out in social settings enough to enjoy the interaction but not so much i get annoyed by being around people, and when i'm really bored or broke i spend time with the cool people on #headphones (aka the head-fi underground). all that is of course secondary to my music fixation (which includes listening and getting lost in the music, the hifi thing, and the countless hours sorting the collection).

best,
carlo.

Aug 20, 2002 at 5:40 AM Post #5 of 26
listening to bootlegs
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 20, 2002 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 26
Now that my son is grown and I do not have youth hockey I enjoy golfing in my spare time. In the Winter I am still struggling with what I really enjoy doing. There is never a shortage of home related projects.

My wife won a pass at the local theatre for unlimited movies for 2 for a year. So this year we are seeing everything that comes out good and bad.

Aug 20, 2002 at 4:04 PM Post #7 of 26
i read a lot, but wish i could read more. i listen to music and burn cd compilations and come up with retardedly strict rules for making them of the highest quality i can. i fiddle with, overclock, fix, and break computers. i go to nyc and hang out with my vegetarian friend and eat vegan food. i watch/collect dvds and share the good ones i find with my friends. oh and do all of the above with my girlfriend and her friends as well.

oh and carlo, i prefer oral sex but hey, that's just me.

Aug 20, 2002 at 4:08 PM Post #8 of 26
dougli- Were do you do your riding? I didn't think there was anywhere left in Oregon you could off-road(except the dunes).

Aug 20, 2002 at 4:43 PM Post #11 of 26
Get a router and build stuff! I don't believe how easy it is. What used to take three or four hours with a chisel is a 20 minute job with a router, and 19 of those are used making the template. I have an electric guitar on the workbench right now.

Aug 20, 2002 at 5:14 PM Post #12 of 26
hey cool i've got several routers right here in the lab. there's like 4 ciscos and 1 arris. what do i do next?

right now i do head-fi in my spare time, becuase remember people, you don't have to be here; forum surfing isn't a career. (who else is at work right now?)
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

and i'm also building an integrated go board coffee table for my new apartment. gotta finish one of these days... and amps. gotta build more amps. and collect more phones... hey, at least its not counterstrike.

Aug 20, 2002 at 5:18 PM Post #13 of 26
Budgie,

hongda has provided a good link for places to ride in OR. I mostly ride in the Tillamook OHV area, but it can be pretty crowded. Two weeks ago two bikes had a head-on collision. One bike went up in flames, and one rider needed the life flight helicopter which couldn't even land in the rugged terrain to get him. It's not as much fun as back when you could just drive up a logging road, park and (legally) take off into the woods.

Aug 20, 2002 at 5:46 PM Post #14 of 26
That link is great, hongda! If I look at the pictures long enough I will get interested in doing it again. I road a bit when I was a teenager back in Montana and thought it was the funnest thing ever (hadn't had sex yet). I need some excitment in my life.

Aug 20, 2002 at 9:35 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
oh and carlo, i prefer oral sex but hey, that's just me.

You mean you prefer SPEAKING about it?...
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back