most fun/musical headphones?
Jul 19, 2010 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

cravenz

Headphoneus Supremus
would love to hear what everyone thinks is the most fun set of cans out there that suits their individual preference. Price is a non-factor so it doesn't matter if it's a $50, $200 or $1,000 set of cans that gets you buzzing. This to me, is purely about going back to the basics of enjoying music.

By fun/musical, I'm thinking of something euphoric, something that gets you grooving to the beat, not something that leaves you thinking, oh I think that instrument sounded a little off (but if that's what you enjoy, that's fine by me too). It's about being immersed in the music and not thinking about anything and everything else around you, that lil' bit of time you have to yourself, more like an escape.

Feel free to quantify which cans keep you happy and to which genre of music you listen to, or even why it makes you happy if it's not for any reason mentioned above, etc.

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 32
That would be the AD2000 for me. I've never heard such a musical can. I mainly use it for trance (vocal) and other electronic music. It's strange but the music feels so alive and the vocals are absolutely divine. It's hard not to just drift away into the music.

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #3 of 32
DT990/600 for me. Nothing but the music
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #5 of 32
My most "musical/fun" headphones are my Bose IE. There is something about the imperfections/color that makes them so musical and enjoyable. Hard to admit for me, but its true.

But its my beyerdynamic DT-48 that is the technical genius. The DT 48 is like a straight wire tap from the source to your brain.   
Quote:
would love to hear what everyone thinks is the most fun set of cans out there that suits their individual preference. Price is a non-factor so it doesn't matter if it's a $50, $200 or $1,000 set of cans that gets you buzzing. This to me, is purely about going back to the basics of enjoying music.

By fun/musical, I'm thinking of something euphoric, something that gets you grooving to the beat, not something that leaves you thinking, oh I think that instrument sounded a little off (but if that's what you enjoy, that's fine by me too). It's about being immersed in the music and not thinking about anything and everything else around you, that lil' bit of time you have to yourself, more like an escape.

Feel free to quantify which cans keep you happy and to which genre of music you listen to, or even why it makes you happy if it's not for any reason mentioned above, etc.

Jul 19, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 32
my personal favorite is the Senn Hd 485

warm, big sound, good bass, plays every genre well and is easily driven and immensely comfortable

my top pick

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #10 of 32
For me, my LA7000 Lites.  The way I always describe them is this:  if a pair of Grados and a pair of Denons had a child, it would be the LA headphones.  The LA7000 Lites have all the bass of the stock D7000s, except much tighter and more articulate.  The mids are clean and natural, and there's a peak somewhere in there that makes them sound similar to Grados in that they are outstanding for high-distortion electric guitar.  The highs are sparkly and well-extended, but they can be a little hot at times.

None of my other headphones can get my toes tapping like these.  For that reason, they are a fun listen and are excellent for just about any kind of high-energy music.

Jul 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #14 of 32
Indeed TheWuss, Indeed, They Slam, They Sing, They also go:

chop.gif

BatmanCrazyKids.jpg

holy-pow-batman.jpg

with a slice of:

chuck-norris-album9.jpg

But i wish they would cook my breakfast tho
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back