Most fun headphones you've ever heard...
Aug 27, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #77 of 86
A really cheap $35 "gaming" headset. Soundstange and imaging are absolutely insane, with a crazy fun deep distorted bass. For non-audiophiles, I choose those to "wow" people. Then I can bridge into explaining frequency response and distortion ect

Aug 27, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #78 of 86
Idk what you'd consider "fun". For me, "fun" means something I enjoy, and that would be the iBasso SR2.

Besides the SR2, I think that the Direct Sound EXTW37 Pro would better fit what the majority consider "fun". Wish that headphone was more comfortable, because it is an absolute banger.

Aug 27, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #79 of 86
Fidelio X2 for sure. And a second one is the HD598, the midrange is so addicting but unlike HD6x0 they don't make me fall asleep, I find them really fun and extremely pleasant to listen to, the wide sound is also really cool.

Aug 27, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #81 of 86
Right now... HE5XX, similar feeling to above. How does this cost this much?

and I own hd800S, Elex, Grado 325x, Panda as well. I just find the HE5XX the best all-rounder and most comfortable of the lot.

Aug 27, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #82 of 86
JVC SZ2000. Dual drivers, one 53mm driver solely for bass, 30mm driver for everything else. It is such a stinky bass riot, I love it to death. lol

Aug 28, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #84 of 86
Audio Technica ATH-A900X

Huge soundstage, very comfortable, articulate yet smooth sound signature, good bass, great timbre, very durable beast, Love it. Good gaming headphones as well.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #85 of 86
For me, surprisingly they are my Apple AirPods Pro. Not the best in anything but a very coherent and pleasant experience and the way they do bass is very much to my liking. Most foot-tapping and head-nodding happens when I have those in. If only they would stop falling out of my ears! (About to try Comply tips to fix this.)

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #86 of 86
So...a simple question. What are the most fun headphones that you've ever heard? By fun I mean, they made you dance, they made you feel the music, they were just very engaging, alive and...fun. :p

Mention any headphones, regardless of price, size, type, sound signature, etc....and give a few reasons for why you mentioned them. :p

For me, most fun headphones were Sennheiser HD212pro. Cheap $50 DJ headphones that looked and felt cheaper than a piece of toilet paper, but sounded great. Deep tight bass, not very detailed, highs recessed, mids muffled, soundstage pretty small, and overall they sounded pretty dark and muffled, but somehow, I can't explain why, they always made any music I played trough them sound very engaging, because they always put crucial parts of the music forward. They were obviously colored, but they were my go-to cans for the past couple of years, they even made my HD558's and HD650's wait in line when I would be listening to new music I got.
HD212 Pro's have too much bass. You're better off paying more for studio headphones, such as AKG, Beyerdynamic or Audio Technica.

As far as fun headphones I've heard, I would say the old vintage AKG's, as well as Stax Lambda's. Electrostatic phones are very engaging and transparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back