Most Durable In-Ear Headphones?
Jan 16, 2013 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

AKang

New Head-Fier
I need new in ear headphones and I need some recommendations. Something near or under $100.

Number 1 priority is durability, I’ve been through like 3 pairs of skullcandy’s and my 2nd pair of Klipsch S4i’s just broke. I stuff my headphones in my pockets so they need to be durable, especially the cable. I've had one side of the headphones break many times. 

Number 2 is sound quality, I want something with nice bass and great clarity. I listen mostly to hip hop but I listen to many other genres frequently. 

I really want volume control too but it’s not completely necessary.

Any recommendations?

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 12
Hrmm... You should consider finding an IEM that is small to start with, and then get a small, crushproof case for it. All IEMs will eventually break somewhere if you are shoving them in your pocket like that so it doesn't really matter if you get IEMs with bulletproof housing because the cable will break, or the strain-relief will separate. If this is not an option for you, the only IEM under $100 that I have experience with that has both a very durable cable and driver housing is the Sony MH1C. Decent sound for $30 and pretty sturdy. If you go down the case root, there are many options available to you.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:
Hrmm... You should consider finding an IEM that is small to start with, and then get a small, crushproof case for it. All IEMs will eventually break somewhere if you are shoving them in your pocket like that so it doesn't really matter if you get IEMs with bulletproof housing because the cable will break, or the strain-relief will separate. If this is not an option for you, the only IEM under $100 that I have experience with that has both a very durable cable and driver housing is the Sony MH1C. Decent sound for $30 and pretty sturdy. If you go down the case root, there are many options available to you.

Hmm, I think I have a case that would work then.It's just a hassle sometimes because I listen to music almost everywhere all the time.  Regardless of the case, what are the most durable headphones under $100 with the best sound quality? Something with a great warranty would be nice. 

May 12, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #4 of 12
hm....well the jabra vox just came out. I personally have not heard them but they advertised they did a numerous amount of pulls to test the durablity and can withstand 15 kgs-33 pounds. 

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #5 of 12
I too have ruined a good number of headphones, I've found the Klipsch rugged headphones are pretty good but what makes them really worth it is their two year warranty and they are great about replacing them when they break. I payed for one pair and have been nearly three years and always had a good pair of headphones. 
http://www.klipsch.com/image-s4i-rugged-headphones

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #8 of 12
Perhaps the Phillips O'neill TREAD could be a good chice. Decent souind. metal housings covered with rubber and kevlar reinforeced cables

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #9 of 12
Although they are not made of carbon fiber/kevlar or other fancy materials, the sony xb90ex provides the best bass and sq possible while also providing high build quality and strength. Mostly everyone i know on head fi who owns one says they are very strong. I own a pair, and the bass is phenomenal compared to any other bass iem i have tried.

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #10 of 12
Don't misunderstand me, but read this thread
How to proper take care of headphones (suggestions are welcome)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/666577/the-complete-guide-to-taking-proper-care-of-headphones

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #11 of 12
Maybe the aurisonics rockets would be perfect for you! It's a military grade titanium iem with kevlar reinforced cables. :)

http://www.geekypinas.com/2014/10/aurisonics-rockets-toughest-earphones.html#axzz3GW2rvznW

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #12 of 12
The Sennheiser CX 3.00 are great low-cost earphones. I use them for a long time. They’re lightweight, easy to handle and incredibly comfortable. Their angled design also makes for a top-notch seal, resulting in great bass response and noise isolation. There’s even a choice of four tips and a case. Its perfect entry-level earphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back