Most dangerous music on the road?
Nov 30, 2002 at 4:32 AM Post #16 of 30
Offspring's Bad Habit would be one that I'd prefer most drivers not listen to when they are anywhere near a car (or a gun).
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 1, 2002 at 8:42 AM Post #17 of 30
Radar Love is great for driving fast, and I've noticed that Slayer will bring my speed up.
I hate to admit it but the one that really gets me flying is California Dreamin' Mommas and Poppas.

Dec 23, 2002 at 3:26 AM Post #20 of 30
Well, I'll regret this if anyone from the "video games mess up kids" camp reads it, but what the hell. For me it's fast electronic, or, some of the music my friend had on his xbox when we played a lot of Project Gotham. (Any one who's played it can probably guess what I mean.. Damn those bots and their rails.. Damn them to hell!) Erm, anyway, the main song in prticular, which I think is from Lincoln Park, is that song where they're saying "you tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it didn't even matter." Anyone know that song? I can't count how many times one of us would shout in anger as a bot in a slower car blew past us (the bots cheat) and we realized that song was going. Needles to say, it gets me going.

Jan 2, 2003 at 2:05 AM Post #23 of 30
Sponge - Plowed
Pink Floyd - One Slip
Talk Talk/We're All Clones - Alice Cooper

Jan 2, 2003 at 2:49 AM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkWolf
Erm, anyway, the main song in prticular, which I think is from Lincoln Park, is that song where they're saying "you tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it didn't even matter." Anyone know that song?

"In the End" by Linkin Park

For me, it's nothing, since I don't drive yet.
frown.gif

Jan 2, 2003 at 3:18 AM Post #25 of 30
Let Me Stand Next To Your Fire - Jimi Hendrix
Jesus Built My Hotrod - Ministry
Goofy's Concern - Butthole Surfers (Independent Worm Saloon. Nearly the whole album)
Head Like a Hole - NIN
Hobo Humpin' Slobo Babe - Whale
Shadrach - Beastie Boys
Revolution - The Beatles
The Distance - Cake
Hot For Teacher - Van Halen
Zero - Smashing Pumpkins
Sugar is Sweeter - C.J. Bolland (and the Armand Van Helden remix)
Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine
Violently Happy - -Bjork
Helter Skelter - The Beatles
Helter Skelter - Meat Beat Manifesto
Insomnia - Faithless (Van Helden remix)

Make a mix CD of these songs and I'll surely wind up with cuffs on my wrists, my face in the dirt and a boot in my back.

Phreon

Jan 3, 2003 at 1:31 AM Post #26 of 30
Oh...I almost forgot....

Space Station #5 - Montrose

For those of you who are not familiar, think of the Applied Materials' "Car" commercial.

If I don't pay attention, I've found myself driving close to 100 mph on the highway when listening to this song.

Jan 3, 2003 at 8:01 AM Post #27 of 30
I discovered another one today. Cradle of Filth's cover of Hallowed be Thy Name.
That was playing today while I was on the freeway. Before I knew it I was doing over 80mph. Then I couldn't slow down
eek.gif

Jan 3, 2003 at 12:12 PM Post #28 of 30
GGXX songs can cause your foot to descend the road to the metal.

Some cowboy bebop songs do the opposite thing to me. I almost break down when listening to "Blue" and "Greenbird."

Jan 3, 2003 at 1:24 PM Post #29 of 30
When I have Metallica on I usually drive a lot faster than legal so I don't recomend them for drivers who care about there licence. This summer I found myself driving at 200kmh or about 125mph on a 55mph road with Master of Puppets on
redface.gif

Rammstein, Iron Maiden and Blind Guardian have the same effect but not quite as violent.

I recomend Steely Dan for those who like to slow things down a bit, every time I have SD on I drive slower than my granny
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back