Most comfortable IEM's?
May 8, 2006 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

smuh

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I know I will regret buying another pair of IEMs, but I don't feel comfortable posting on head-fi until I am broke again
wink.gif

So which pair of IEMs would you recommend to a "IEM-hater"? So far the er6 were most comfortable, but there was missing too much soundquality-wise...

I like the phones in my signature, so I dont mind if there is a pair of IEMs that sound as similiar to one of those pair of headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks,
André

May 8, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 24
ACS T2- sound-quality, comfort wise (the softest of all IEM's) and whatever else you might think of.

May 8, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 24
Well it really depends on what you find uncomfortable about them. Personally I don't like phones that go really deep so the Super.fi line works the best for me, but they're rather large so they might be more uncomfortable for you. It's all relative.

Customs will obviously be the most comfortable, but that's a pretty big leap to take if you don't like IEMs in the first place.

May 8, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet
general consensus is that the westone monitors are the most comfortable.

is second that, especially when using the short comply tips

May 8, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by joelongwood
Westone UM2 is definitely the most comfortable of the ones I have (Shure E2,3,4,5, Etymotics (all) and SF Pros.
biggrin.gif

Wow that's alot of IEMs. No westones?

Ideally custom moulds, but otherwise westone's are the best for comfort.

May 8, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #11 of 24
As for Etymotics, i find the ER-6 quite comfortable. I just don't yet know why sometimes my ears start itching after having them in for half an hour and sometimes its perfectly fine.
Microphonics on the cable is nasty though, but can be avoided by wearing the cable over your ears quite well.

May 8, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #12 of 24
Custom molds/fits are not really an options, since I live in germany... sending my ears over to the USA is not really an option...........blah, spend too much time in the sun today
smily_headphones1.gif

May 8, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #15 of 24
Another vote for the Westone UM2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back