Most comfortable headphones < $300
Jan 16, 2012 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Mgear

Head-Fier
I wouldn't call it an issue but out of all the headphones I've tried (mostly in the $50-100 category) have been uncomfortably to the point that it makes my right ear in particular burn near the tip, it's strange, and I thought it was an issue until I tried a friends XB700s which were like pillows, since then I've been wanting a new pair that will make love to my ears.

What would you say to be the most comfortably pair under $300? I listen to a bit of everything so pretty much every headphone is fine (I have phases with genres like most do).
And weight isn't an issue, it's mostly how they sit on your ears.

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 16
quick answer here.

Sub three hundred. pure comfort.
sennheiser 558s/
can and have worn for days. -74 hour stretch only occasionaly removed.
love mine
sadly taking a break with my newer purchases but do still come out and play :)

editing to help further posters.
$300 =approx  £ 196 =approx 236 EUROs

u might get lucky with amazon prices with better headphones - but at retail my above suggestion stays.

More to the point OP - what are you going to use them for
Outside
Travel
Indoor only
Indoor but noisy enviros
Indoor but u need to stayt quiet.
essentially Open or closed :D

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #4 of 16
Indoor in a quiet enviroment, they'll be hooked to my computer via an E7+E10.
I'd prefer closed though as  my computer can get fairly loud when in games but it's not a big issue.

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 16
Comfortable closed headphones?  You're looking at Beyerdynamic DT770 or Denon AH-D2000.  The DT770 isolates significantly more and has more of a V-shaped FR.

Avoid the 600 ohms model unless by E7+E10 (which doesn't make sense...?) you mean E7+E9.

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #7 of 16
The XB1000, while still a cable can, cannot truly compete with the likes of Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, etc. in the price range sound-quality wise. If you're looking open, Sennheiser's the way to go. If you're looking closed, I'd also add in the Fischer Audio FA-003. It looks heavy, but it's supremely light and I could wear it for days without discomfort after the initial loosening-out of it.

Jan 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #8 of 16
I can't seem to find the FA-003s anywhere in the UK, literally nowhere.
The XB1000s however are £165 from accessoryjack which seems like a good price (touch under £180 with the cheapest shipping), think I should go for it or maybe hold out or look at
some DT 990 Pro 250ohms?

Jan 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #10 of 16
I have my head sort of set on the 1000s now as they look like pillows on your head and as far  as I can tell won't touch my ears at all which bodes well for them being comfortable.
I'll have a look at the Fa-003s though.

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #11 of 16

Quote:
I have my head sort of set on the 1000s now as they look like pillows on your head and as far  as I can tell won't touch my ears at all which bodes well for them being comfortable.
I'll have a look at the Fa-003s though.

The FA-003 will have a more accurate sound, but the XB1000 will be arguably more comfortable (if extremely hot).

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #12 of 16
Philips O'Neill The Stretch - so damn comfortable!

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #13 of 16

Quote:
Philips O'Neill The Stretch - so damn comfortable!

You may have taken the original question a bit too literally. Just because they're asking for the most comfortable headphones under $300 in the title doesn't mean they have no other requirements. I could stick iBud drivers in pillows and they'd fit the bill, but the OP had some sound quality standard to attain as well.

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #14 of 16

Quote:
You may have taken the original question a bit too literally. Just because they're asking for the most comfortable headphones under $300 in the title doesn't mean they have no other requirements. I could stick iBud drivers in pillows and they'd fit the bill, but the OP had some sound quality standard to attain as well.

they do sound pretty decent too. IMO. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back