More music with 'crisp' sounding guitars? (acoustic/vocal/rock)
Dec 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

eltocliousus

Member of the Trade: Audible Bond
I've been trying to find more music with that very crisp, precise, detailed guitar sound that you can find from time to time, here are a few examples;

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #3 of 9
I really like the new Glenn Jones album: The Wanting. Very nice, user-friendly example of American primativism. One acoustic guitar all the way throughout--no vocals. Great music to drift off to.

Dec 22, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #5 of 9
::Facepalm:: Man, how did I forget these guys?
Quote:
Hey, check this one out. One of my favourite acoustic bands :) Sounds brilliant with FLAC.

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #7 of 9
No, I just mean these guys are an obvious choice to suggest and it didn't even cross my mind to. Lol.
Quote:
Something wrong with the music, the smiley or FLAC quality? 

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
No, I just mean these guys are an obvious choice to suggest and it didn't even cross my mind to. Lol.

Oh my bad. Understood your post a little wrong . 

Btw, may I ask what headphones do you think works best for acoustic music? I sometimes find my HD600's not very good for this genre, like they were blurring up some detail or something.

Dec 22, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #9 of 9
I'm no expert, and my headphone stable is mid-fi at best, but I'd still say that it all depends on what you're looking for. My HD 650 and D7000s cast a sort of romantic sheen over everything--which you could possibly be interpreting as blurring. I do find the D7000s to be a little more impactful and dynamic with acoustic music, if that's what you're looking for. On the other hand, my K701s really bring out the crispness and detail, which might be more your speed--however, I'd say they're more for clinical listening than for anything else. They can come dangerously close to sounding lifeless sometimes, though proper amping goes a long way towards fixing this. (I really like Headroom's amps with the K701, and currently mate it with a Phonitor.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back