Vishay/Dale resistors

470uF/16v PS caps

WIMA reservoir caps

Panasonic 50k ohm pot

AD823 op-amp

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/sasakikoj...=/META&.view=t

Oct 29, 2002 at 9:37 PM Post #2 of 15
Pigmode,
Nice pics, how do you like your new Meta42? Let us know will u?

Purk

Oct 29, 2002 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 15
I have the same one, built by JMT. It is an excellent sounding amp. I use it with Ety 4s and a Sony D-131. I like the detail and overall control. Pigmode, let us know what you think once you've given it a listen.

Also, what cable will you be using with it? I use either the Straightwire mini to mini, or my favorite, the Kimber mini to mini.

Oct 30, 2002 at 2:14 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Budgie
That a Cold Steel Tanto?

Yes it's the Master Tanto with the laminated steel blade. It is the old version with the Pachmayr grip material, which is far superior to Kraton.

I listened to the META through my home system and it sounds great. It was connected with Varial silver ICs to a Phillips SACD 1000. I think it will be perfect for my envisioned portable system, which will include an iPod and an Ety.

I believe the case is a serpac.

FCJ, I'll probably get the Straightwire. How do you like the Kimber?

Oct 30, 2002 at 2:26 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
FCJ, I'll probably get the Straightwire. How do you like the Kimber?

If you can swing the Kimber, go for it. The sound is much more detailed and cleaner. The only problem is flexability. Generally, if I use the Meta/Sony 131 at home, I use the Kimber. If I use the Meta/Sony for travel, I use the Straightwire.

Oct 30, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #10 of 15
At last, someone on Hawaii has a META42...
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 30, 2002 at 2:42 PM Post #11 of 15
I'm with FCJ on the cable thing. I have both the StraightWire and the Kimber. I much prefer the sound of the Kimber, but the damn thing is soooooo inflexible. It wouldn't be as bad if the plugs were 90 degree, but since they are not it creates positioning issues in my Airbag.

Oct 30, 2002 at 3:02 PM Post #12 of 15
scary pictures if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back