More Lockdowns
Nov 25, 2020 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

gleanfont

100+ Head-Fier
How things are going in your area? Is your local government planning for another lockdown, again? There is news recently that a number of states will issue another lockdown closing non-essential facilities/businesses along the way. Washington State banned indoor restaurant dining, as well as gyms, cinemas, theaters, and museums will close. As for the vaccines being readily available, I wonder when will they be distributed to the people so we can flatten the curve the soonest as possible?

Nov 25, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #2 of 41
I think in most parts of America there is no lockdown, just some limiting of business but I could be wrong since I am not an expert.

In my opinion, lock downs are a good thing but of course the negative consequences can exist.

While I am not an expert, I do applaud Taiwan and Japan for keeping the plague down.

Nov 25, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #3 of 41
Also, don’t worry about toilet paper shortage. I’ve heard on the radio that there will be shortages from panic buying but the toilet paper industry is better prepared this time and will have a better organized plan on keeping the supply more stabilized......(if that’s any good news)

Nov 25, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #4 of 41
For vaccines.......

Mass distribution is complicated and expected to be a bit of a mess....but it’s speculated that by the middle of next year, things will start to smooth out. My prediction is that by the end of next year, we will start to see things really going back to normal.

I will though continue to wear masks on airplanes and crowded buses. I kind of like plexi glass in stores and it may stay in some businesses

Nov 25, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #5 of 41
Pfizer & BioNTech applying for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA)

"The FDA announced that its vaccine advisory committee will meet on 10 December. The committee will assess the companies’ data and decide whether the vaccines are safe and effective enough for restricted use.

Many researchers expect that the authorizations will be granted. Once a vaccine is approved, a committee of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia, will determine which groups should be the first in line for vaccination. The panel is considering high-risk groups, such as elderly people, those with diseases such as diabetes that make them more susceptible to COVID-19, and health-care workers."

"...protection is achieved 28 days after the initiation of the vaccination, which consists of a 2-dose schedule."

" Based on current projections we expect to produce globally up to 50 million vaccine doses in 2020 and up to 1.3 billion doses in 2021."

So you have to wait almost a month after being vaccinated before you can go anywhere.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #7 of 41
So many people are saying,
"The death rate is so low. I'll take my chances."

What I'm saying,
"Even if I might survive it, I might carry it to someone who wouldn't."

The problem is selfish people who don't think of others.
I just found out about this article and I thought I could share and leave it here, a good read for most of us that's trying to maintain our mental well-being during these days.
Always keep yourself safe.

http://newdirectioninstitute.org/why-being-alone-during-this-pandemic-is-mentally-okay/

Nov 29, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 41
I understand that this a hard time for some or many people. But maybe to make you feel slightly better, I feel that this is better than the suffering from WW2 and the Great Depression of the 1930s. Those were devastating times for many people.

Historically speaking, every century has a crises. My prediction is that there will be another major crises again in the 21st century. It’s part of the pattern of human history.

Nov 29, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #10 of 41

What I'm saying,

I just found out about this article and I thought I could share and leave it here, a good read for most of us that's trying to maintain our mental well-being during these days.

http://newdirectioninstitute.org/why-being-alone-during-this-pandemic-is-mentally-okay/

I would like to point the "low death rate" crowd to Sweden where they had a low death rate that is now out of control and the strategy of herd immunity is in tatters.

Not to mention, if you recover, you will have your organs permanently damaged, leading to further problems down the line or even a premature death compared to the average lifespan.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...th/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

Nov 30, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #11 of 41
Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #12 of 41
I would like to point the "low death rate" crowd to Sweden where they had a low death rate that is now out of control and the strategy of herd immunity is in tatters.
No kidding, they made assumption based on nothing. Which isn't scientific. All they did was gamble.

This isn't heard immunity.
sweden covid - Google Search 11-30-2020 7-40-54 PM.png

Dec 11, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #14 of 41

What I'm saying,

We do have different views and perspective regarding this matter. And we should respect that. But still there are ridiculous people who are pretending they know better than health experts. :rolling_eyes:

Btw, thanks for the article - I have gone through it and indeed we can appreciate things even we are on a lockdown. Geez be thankful that we are still alive.

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #15 of 41
Staying home and limiting restaurants will probably help improve peoples cooking skills. I just made spaghetti with peanut butter sauce. I know it sounds crazy but it actually works !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back