More like "Phaedra" Tangerine Dream
Mar 6, 2006 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

PaulBoy

100+ Head-Fier
Finally got round to picking up this on CD (had it on vinyl many moons ago
biggrin.gif
) It still sounds sweet!
What other TD albums would you recommend?
What other similar artists would you recommend?
TIA - Paul
wink.gif

PS - Damn you Head-Fi
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 7, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulBoy
Finally got round to picking up this on CD (had it on vinyl many moons ago
biggrin.gif
) It still sounds sweet!
What other TD albums would you recommend?
What other similar artists would you recommend?
TIA - Paul
wink.gif

PS - Damn you Head-Fi
very_evil_smiley.gif

Rubycon is slower paced than Phaedra. I am currently looking for the "Definitive Edition" import from Europe of Phaedra, but its hard to get. The Rubycon that I have is the Definitive Edition import from Europe.

Mar 7, 2006 at 1:02 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeno333
Rubycon is slower paced than Phaedra. I am currently looking for the "Definitive Edition" import from Europe of Phaedra, but its hard to get. The Rubycon that I have is the Definitive Edition import from Europe.

Thanks for that - I see there is an SACD version of "Rubicon" too btw ...
Paul
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 9:18 AM Post #6 of 8
... can open - worms everywhere! ... can't believe how many albums these guys have made
eek.gif

They appear to have made a few "best of's" including a 3 CD Anthology which might be the way to go here (?)
Thanks again for the suggestions ... Paul
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #7 of 8
They do have made a few best-of box sets. There is one 5CD set that covers the Virgin years (when they made Rubycon-Phaedra) . For this set they have revised their old pieces and added sound textures to them, so that the music is different from what is on the original albums.

Another 5-CD set, Dream Roots, covers two different periods of the band. The pieces are also specifically revised -- so the box will not become redundant even if you get the original albums.

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:41 PM Post #8 of 8
Worms love to dig holes you know....

Klaus Schulze was a brief member of Tangerine Dream and has since been producing analogue electronic music. His live albums are woth checking out as he manipulates the synths to create sonic worlds. Link him into the present with Pete Namlook who carries on the same tradition of improvising electronic music. I love how music connects to more music and in the end connects us all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back