More bass out of Ultrasone ProLine 550?
Apr 14, 2013 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FluxMaven

New Head-Fier
New here obviously, But I was wondering if swapping the pads on my proline's would improve/increase amounts of bass. I used to have a set of Audio Technica ATH-M50s that were stolen :'( and bought the Ultrasones to replace them based off of reviews of Ultrasones being good for electronic/ bass heavy music, But to me the M50's seemed to have tons more bass. One difference I can see is the pads on the M50's were thicker leather/pleather whatever they were made of, and they clamped down on my head tighter. I usually use them at my desk when I'm not listening through my studio monitors and I do like them but if I could get more bass out of them I would be ok with that :p 

Apr 14, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 3

Mad Max

Headphoneus Supremus
You probably want thicker pleather pads from another Ultrasone headphone that uses the same size of earpad diameter-wise.
Or EQ.
Or upgrade to a better and bassier headphone. 
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 3

FluxMaven

New Head-Fier
I will look into different pads. I would love to get another set of bassy cans for my desk, but I need new IEM's for wearing under my motorcycle helmet before I can spend more money on anything that's going to sit at my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread