Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 14, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #11,343 of 11,979
Are there some third-party eartips that sound close to Moondrop spring tips but isolate more? I prefer the KATO's sound with spring tips but I find the isolation lacking.
The foam tips that come with it isolate a fair bit more, but they are too long and make the shells stick out too far.
I've tried Azla Light Short tips too, but they add an annoying peak around 13-14kHz and also get dislodged easily because the material isn't as grippy.
Thinking about trying some Spinfits, but I'm a bit unsure.

I just received the CP145, CP360 and CP240 tips I ordered. The materials feel nice and they all isolate a bit better than Moondrop spring tips.

In terms of sound, none of them were as good as the stock spring tips on the Kato for me. Both the 145s and 360s add a peak of a couple dB around 12kHz and 13.5kHz respectively, so they both make the treble too shimmery as a result. The 240s are hard to get a good seal with, but I think I just got the wrong size for my ears. Whenever I do get a seal with the 240s though, they sound dark and rolled-off in the treble.

On the Chu however, both the 145s and 360s sound fine to me. They are a bit different, but neither have any weirdness like on the Kato. The 240s are the same story on the Chu as they were on the Kato though, too dark.

It seems like the Kato is just very picky with tips and pretty much only sounds right with the stock spring tips. I'll be using the CP145s on the Chu, but I'll definitely stick to spring tips on the Kato.

----------------------
UPDATED IMPRESSIONS HERE

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #11,345 of 11,979
Moondrop SSR. Wow!
Bought my set soon after initial release, never bothered much with em.
Decided to bring them with me on a trip outside of US.
Spin fit 360s (spacer ring on iem nozzle).
Original Oriolus Isa 4.4 cable.
Plugged it into Hiby R6 20, medium gain.
Marvelous!
Throw some MSEB effects on there. Wow.
$40.
Vivid spacious lively sound

Jul 17, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #11,346 of 11,979
Is this the lowest historic price?
I've seen it go for €440,- including tax (21%) over here a few weeks ago, but now it's back up at €520,-

Jul 17, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #11,347 of 11,979
Moondrop SSR. Wow!
Bought my set soon after initial release, never bothered much with em.
Decided to bring them with me on a trip outside of US.
Spin fit 360s (spacer ring on iem nozzle).
Original Oriolus Isa 4.4 cable.
Plugged it into Hiby R6 20, medium gain.
Marvelous!
Throw some MSEB effects on there. Wow.
$40.
Vivid spacious lively sound
You took a pair of cheap earphones and threw them onto a 800$ DAP... Why.

I get that they might sound good but I'd say at this price point they should sound good from a phone or dongle, what's the point in cheap IEMs if you need a 800$ DAP for them to sound good?

Jul 17, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #11,348 of 11,979
Man.....the faceplate of my Variations just came off yesterday. I store them in a Pelican GO case, so it's not like I have been rough on them.

Crazy glued it back, left a bit of residue here and there. Just disappointing that the shell comes apart like this.
That's surprising? How long has it been since you bought it?

Jul 17, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #11,349 of 11,979
I've really enjoyed using my Blessing 2's, I think they absolutely punch above their weight but they're just not the most comfortable in my ears. I've been using the JVC Spiral dots on them and it's been a lot better however!

Jul 17, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #11,350 of 11,979
Thank you for your reply. I´m not really the heaviest basshead but the Tin T2 is (other then when I use it through the equalizer in MIUI where you do a listening test and it adjustes to your individual ears hearing ability accordingly) almost a bit too light on the bass so I´d like something with just a bit more bass for the times when I listen through the computer and other devices, and also to have a pair of EIMs where i don´t have to have the foam ear-tips to get a decent bass. :)
Anyone with a t2 can compare against chu? Thanks

Jul 17, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #11,351 of 11,979
You took a pair of cheap earphones and threw them onto a 800$ DAP... Why.

I get that they might sound good but I'd say at this price point they should sound good from a phone or dongle, what's the point in cheap IEMs if you need a 800$ DAP for them to sound good?
Well, this is wrongheaded in more than one way. Best for me to leave it put.

Jul 18, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #11,355 of 11,979
Any feedbacks on the Spring tips size XL?
I see the diameter is 14mm, way too large compared to the L size (11mm~)

My ears are large. Too large for most “L” sized tips. I prefer something in the 13.5mm range. For me the 14.0mm Spring Tips are perfect. The reason is 1) the silicon “umbrella” is a little longer than the average tip and 2) the silicon itself is quite thin at the edges and gradually thickens toward the opening. The combined effect is that they don’t feel like they’re stuffed in your ears and they seal really well.

If you haven’t tried them yet and the XL seems too big, get the variety pack with S, M and L. They’re relatively cheap ($12.00USD.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back