Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 22, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #10,966 of 11,979
Sad. What kind of duties and such are we talking about it? Is it a European Union thing?

It’s a European Union thing. In Portugal it’s 23% on EVERYTHING plus postage fees (I’ve payed around 40€ before, depends on declared amount) plus whatever shipping costs. Europe is basically protecting internal business. Some brands are available in certain EU amazons or few local distributors but we certainly do not have broad availability of brands like in the US or many parts of Asia. It’s a smaller market (in Portugal) and with Brexit some confusion and restrictions arose. It’s a long story and “slightly” off topic but I AM searching for a pair of IEMs and the Variations are leading the pack of options so far so I’m still looking for inputs being a Rai Solo owner and looking for an upgrade.

Mar 23, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #10,967 of 11,979
My Moondrop Variations experience have been ruined by HiFiGo after sales service.

Currently they are requesting multiple video for a simple DOA cable and takes at least a whole day to reply. I am on day 6 now! With no solutions in sight.

Have anyone dealt with HiFiGo support before? Is it's always like this?

Mar 25, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #10,968 of 11,979
Hey everyone I'm thinking about getting Moondrop S8

I'm concerned about the fit because I have small ears.

I own Moondrop aria. It fits ok, but when using it for long, I can't say it's comfortable.

tried Monarch Mk2 before and it hurt my ears when using it more than 15 minutes, my antihelix got all red.. sold it right away

Would S8 not hurt my ears? how do you guys think?

Sorry for my bad English ^-^

Mar 25, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #10,971 of 11,979
I don't see that he has one, but it does look like crinacle has one. My personal experience with oracle's and crin's presets have been 100% miss with iems so far. Try it out, though. Who knows, u might get lucky and like it. My ears and preferences might just be weird.
I also hate Crin's EQ preset for Oracle. I don't EQ them anymore at all.

Mar 26, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #10,974 of 11,979
I accidentally dropped my KATO on the floor. Now the left side has gone bad. It sounds significantly quieter than the right side. Just a simple drop and its gone bad. I tried changing the wire and it is still the same. I just bought it before 3 months. Is this normal?

Mar 26, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #10,975 of 11,979
I accidentally dropped my KATO on the floor. Now the left side has gone bad. It sounds significantly quieter than the right side. Just a simple drop and its gone bad. I tried changing the wire and it is still the same. I just bought it before 3 months. Is this normal?
try replacing the nozzles with the other pair you're not using

Mar 26, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #10,976 of 11,979
@MOONDROP Hi, is it worth waiting for the matte KATO or you completely discontinued this option?
If you pre ordered these earlier at our retailers, we’ll eventually fulfill the order.
If you are seeking to order one right now, unfortunately we have discontinued current matte version KATO.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Mar 28, 2022 at 2:33 AM Post #10,978 of 11,979
I just bought a pair of Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk a fortnight ago and received my Chord Mojo 2 a week ago. I have fallen in love with this combination.

Mar 28, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #10,979 of 11,979
I just bought a pair of Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk a fortnight ago and received my Chord Mojo 2 a week ago. I have fallen in love with this combination.
Congratulations! Very good choices!
Transparency and definition must be excellent, and with the Mojo 2 you are ready for any IEM upgrade in the future!
Make sure to try the optical input to hear what the Mojo can sound like, since the SQ from USB varies with source quality.

Mar 28, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #10,980 of 11,979
Quick question: Are the Starfield's main housing smaller than the Blessing 2?

I really liked the sound of the Blessing 2s, but the actual body of them was just so large that it hurt my ears and I had to sell them. But the Starfields are on sale and look (from photos) to be smaller in size. Can anyone confirm this? Is the difference slight or fairly substantial?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back