Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 20, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #10,756 of 11,918

picture credit to VLAYAR

As these shells are handcrafted... some inconsistence in the shell is expected(in fact my set look the same way as yours, even though it was a matte finish)
This difference is normal among KATO units, which makes each set somewhat unique.
Sorry for the confusion it may cause.
hey ! @MOONDROP
thanks for replying, this picture is really helpful,
yes your unit is indeed looking really similar like mine even the coating is different.
also thanks for clearing the confusion !
really enjoying my KATO a lot, but really wish that Moondrop create the SpringTips on XL size, since i cant even get any seal using KATO + L size SpringTips
i also have sent another email on the support mail, but again thankyou for replying and showing your KATO from that angle.
:beerchug:

edit :
while i can't even get proper seal with Spring Tips on KATO, i decided to put the Spring Tips that come included with KATO to my S8, and whoa, this is the most comfortable eartips for sure, the fitting is so good that it somehow felt like floating in your ear canal,

for sound difference, compared to stock S8 tips, the Spring Tips make the treble more smooth but not DULL, its smooth without sacrificing any detail, also makes the bass more "bouncy" and overal tonal more warm, definitely helps "BA Timbre" to sound much more organic
1640112111300.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #10,758 of 11,918
Anyone experiencing stiffening of cable with pvc insulation caused by contact with sweat? Happened on few of my IEM and now on Quarks I bought only 2 weeks ago.
i have the quarks for a month, still looking like brand new, but again im not really using my quarks for activity that makes me sweat

edit:

another pic of
1640170792121.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #10,759 of 11,918
I bought an Aria, can't wait for it to arrive and give it a spin.

I had an SSP or which ever of those that were heavier in the bass and I just loved the fit, so comfy, but in the end the bass did not satisfy me.

Dec 22, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #10,760 of 11,918
I bought an Aria, can't wait for it to arrive and give it a spin.

I had an SSP or which ever of those that were heavier in the bass and I just loved the fit, so comfy, but in the end the bass did not satisfy me.
just fyi, If you wanna more punchy bass from Aria, remove the imbalance filter.
You could buy replacement if you want to put it back in

Dec 22, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #10,761 of 11,918
just fyi, If you wanna more punchy bass from Aria, remove the imbalance filter.
You could buy replacement if you want to put it back in

Thanks for that...we shall see how it goes. :)

Dec 27, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #10,763 of 11,918
Can anyone rec a good cable for IEMs that extends the stock cable? My desktop setup is a bit far for standard 4 ft IEM cables.

Also, anyone know USA sellers for Moondrop Kato? All retailers seem to be out of Asia with long shipping times to the USA.

Thanks

Dec 27, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #10,765 of 11,918
Is this broken female plug? Moondrop Kato. Have scared because the male plug is hard to pulled off
Nothing from that picture looks "broken" to me, but then again I'm not 100% because of the quality of the picture (no offense)

Are you seeing anything broken off or missing?

Re: hard to pull off, they do be like that sometimes :)

=========
I just took a look at the moondrop spring tips measurements and I'm wondering if the bore size really is 5.5mm?

I've only bought two other tips with bore size 5.5mm (CP500 and CP155) and both were too big for most of my IEMs, for which the Acoustune tips or CP145s work perfectly.

Since the Acoustune/Spinfit also "work perfectly" with Aria/Starfield/KXXS I'm wondering if the Spring tips would fit them well?
Also, does it mean that the Kato has a much bigger bore size compared to its predecessors? :thinking:

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #10,766 of 11,918
Nothing from that picture looks "broken" to me, but then again I'm not 100% because of the quality of the picture (no offense)

Are you seeing anything broken off or missing?

Re: hard to pull off, they do be like that sometimes :)

=========
I just took a look at the moondrop spring tips measurements and I'm wondering if the bore size really is 5.5mm?

I've only bought two other tips with bore size 5.5mm (CP500 and CP155) and both were too big for most of my IEMs, for which the Acoustune tips or CP145s work perfectly.

Since the Acoustune/Spinfit also "work perfectly" with Aria/Starfield/KXXS I'm wondering if the Spring tips would fit them well?
Also, does it mean that the Kato has a much bigger bore size compared to its predecessors? :thinking:
Spring tips fit my KXXS well
Spring tips even fit KXXS better than KATO itself, this is so funny. LOL

KATO's nozzle is slightly longer than the Spring tips's silicon ring so it's moving out of the position.

You guys can check my pictures.

1640615179282.png
1640615189541.png

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #10,768 of 11,918
The Aria has arrived and I much like the sound of these compared to the SSP that I briefly owned.

Nice fit and great weight to the the overall sound...I will upgrade the cable a small amount to balanced and something more tangle free.

Using Azla Sednaearfit Xelastec tips at the moment.

Pretty much any recessed two pin 0.78 should fit OK ?

Aria.jpg

Dec 27, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #10,769 of 11,918

Users who are viewing this thread

Back