Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 11, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #10,322 of 11,977
Did anyone compare KATO with Dunu Falcon Pro?
Comparison 1.jpg

More here: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/moondrop-kato-iems-kinera-leyding-cable/, but basically quite different tuning to where they aren't really competitors in this sense. The KATO, at least my sample, is more warm-neutral than bass-heavy.

Oct 12, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #10,325 of 11,977
Hey guys! Here is my take on the Moondrop Kato. I've tried to cover it in as much detail as possible, including the sound differences and refinements I perceive over KXXS. Check it out and let me know if you have any question for me or would like me to add more comparisons with IEMs I have or have reviewed in the past. Cheers!

Oct 12, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #10,326 of 11,977
Hey guys! Here is my take on the Moondrop Kato. I've tried to cover it in as much detail as possible, including the sound differences and refinements I perceive over KXXS. Check it out and let me know if you have any question for me or would like me to add more comparisons with IEMs I have or have reviewed in the past. Cheers!
Nice review! Looking forward to getting the KATO when they start shipping.

Oct 12, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #10,327 of 11,977
Getting frustrated. On Apos Audio, Kato was supposed to ship by the end of September, then October 15, and now October 22. But Moondrop posted they would start shipping last Friday, the 8th. So what is the true shipping date? I wish manufacturers would under promise instead of over promise on delivery dates. They want to promise a shipping date they know they can't meet so we will either preorder or keep waiting for so we won't buy another brand. Not the best way to do business.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #10,330 of 11,977
Getting frustrated. On Apos Audio, Kato was supposed to ship by the end of September, then October 15, and now October 22. But Moondrop posted they would start shipping last Friday, the 8th. So what is the true shipping date? I wish manufacturers wound under promise instead of over promise on delivery dates. They want to promise a shipping date they know they can't meet so we will either preorder or keep waiting for so we won't buy another brand. Not the best way to do business.

Vaporware? Like Microsoft announcing Windows will soon do something 3rd party software is already doing, then having to wait months for it while watching the 3rd party software go out of business?

Anything is possible. Manufacturers must like beating potential rivals to the punch.

That being said, such claims should be backed by evidence. Pure speculation shouldn't be the bar a company needs to clear.

Oct 12, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #10,331 of 11,977
Getting frustrated. On Apos Audio, Kato was supposed to ship by the end of September, then October 15, and now October 22. But Moondrop posted they would start shipping last Friday, the 8th. So what is the true shipping date? I wish manufacturers wound under promise instead of over promise on delivery dates. They want to promise a shipping date they know they can't meet so we will either preorder or keep waiting for so we won't buy another brand. Not the best way to do business.
Another statement from @MOONDROP about the delivery dates would be very interesting...

Oct 12, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #10,332 of 11,977
Another statement from @MOONDROP about the delivery dates would be very interesting...
A possibility is that quantities are limited and they are going to different sales channels based on specific agreements.

I know it won’t help, and may even evoke negative reactions, so please if you (general case “you”, not anyone specifically “you”) are easily triggered please do not read the next part, since you may feel entitled to something different than I believe…

If you are easily frustrated, don’t preorder anything. Timing of shipments will be hard to count on, so wait until they are ready to ship. Also product performance may not meet meet your expectations, so wait for reviews and especially lots of user impressions.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #10,334 of 11,977
A possibility is that quantities are limited and they are going to different sales channels based on specific agreements.

I know it won’t help, and may even evoke negative reactions, so please if you (general case “you”, not anyone specifically “you”) are easily triggered please do not read the next part, since you may feel entitled to something different than I believe…

If you are easily frustrated, don’t preorder anything. Timing of shipments will be hard to count on, so wait until they are ready to ship. Also product performance may not meet meet your expectations, so wait for reviews and especially lots of user impressions.
I see your points, but better communication by all along the supply chain to the consumer would ease/erase ill feelings for many. It doesn’t take much to say, “Sorry that we will be late with your shipment. We were overwhelmed by preorders. Thank you for your interest in Moondrop products! The global supply chain issues have delayed our shipments. We have released the first 150 preorder sets. We will give you regular updates as more sets are shipped.”

Oct 12, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #10,335 of 11,977
I see your points, but better communication by all along the supply chain to the consumer would ease/erase ill feelings for many. It doesn’t take much to say, “Sorry that we will be late with your shipment. We were overwhelmed by preorders. Thank you for your interest in Moondrop products! The global supply chain issues have delayed our shipments. We have released the first 150 preorder sets. We will give you regular updates as more sets are shipped.”

Chinese manufacturing is going through some crazy delays right now, with the government ordering factory shutdowns in order to make sure the Winter Olympics have clean air and blue skies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back