Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 3, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #9,856 of 11,979
I only have FX9 I think (Spiral Dots, not ++ Version). I still need to tip roll a bit. I made a break from Variations during 24h because I was a bit mad and didn't want it to affect my judgment. Gonna try to get some experiment going today/this weekend and let you guys know.
Sorry for asking, but why are you mad? You didn't like them?

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #9,857 of 11,979
Sorry for asking, but why are you mad? You didn't like them?

Nope. In the first 15 secs all I could think about was "how am I gonna re-sell them?". I knew right away. I've been enjoying them more over time, maybe my brain needs more processing, don't know. I'll keep them for a while and see.

Altho, even tho I don't really like them, I still think they around S-tier and deserve a rec, if they fit the person library!

Sep 3, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #9,858 of 11,979
Nope. In the first 15 secs all I could think about was "how am I gonna re-sell them?". I knew right away. I've been enjoying them more over time, maybe my brain needs more processing, don't know. I'll keep them for a while and see.

Altho, even tho I don't really like them, I still think they around S-tier and deserve a rec, if they fit the person library!

Maybe give them more time? If not then Hopefully you can sell them without losing too much 😊

Sep 3, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #9,859 of 11,979

KATO is equipped with a new independently developed U.T.L super-linear dynamic driver, which includes a more efficient composite magnetic circuit of inner and outer magnets, and a linear air circulation structure, the third-generation DLC composite diaphragm, and a larger copper inner-cavity.

Other than that, KATO has also added a replaceable tube design, and two metal tubes of different materials come along to increase the playability of sound.
Wow, they look really, really good. Kinda hyped for them.

Only need a Frequency Response and a price tag and I might buy them. Although I‘d guess they will most likely be incredibly well tuned, in which case it just comes down to technicalities.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #9,860 of 11,979
No suggestions?....

Sep 3, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #9,861 of 11,979
Hello, I have been watching this thread here and there, and decided to buy a pair of starfieds, I really love the sound, much better then any other iems I have owned, but I listen to a fairly varied musical library and realized they don't do mainstream rap and some electronic (like 21 savage, or dj shadow) as well as they do prog rock, jazz and underground hip hop (like rush, Sergio Méndez, madlib)

Can you guys recommend a few options that are on a similar price point and similar level but with harder hitting sub bass (I prefer a dryer bass, with decent high treble and the mids not too far back)

Thanks in advance
KZ ZAS, Fiio FD3, TFZ no 3, Shozy 1.1,

*rank from best to worst

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #9,862 of 11,979
KZ ZAS, Fiio FD3, Shozy 1.1
Thanks, I may pass on kz (had alot of them, want a change) I will check the fiio and shozy
Cheers

Sep 3, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #9,863 of 11,979
KZ ZAS, Fiio FD3, TFZ no 3, Shozy 1.1,

*rank from best to worst
I will ad the tfz to my list, I can get them locally, if I can ask, why are they worst then the fiio and kz? Too boomy, muddy or trebly?

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #9,864 of 11,979

Burn in the iem.. you will get to love it

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #9,865 of 11,979
Hello, I have been watching this thread here and there, and decided to buy a pair of starfieds, I really love the sound, much better then any other iems I have owned, but I listen to a fairly varied musical library and realized they don't do mainstream rap and some electronic (like 21 savage, or dj shadow) as well as they do prog rock, jazz and underground hip hop (like rush, Sergio Méndez, madlib)

Can you guys recommend a few options that are on a similar price point and similar level but with harder hitting sub bass (I prefer a dryer bass, with decent high treble and the mids not too far back)
I'm in the same boat concerning bass, bass is soft with any genre I listen to. I can't expect it to be as tight and fast as BA, but I know DD can do better than this, there's no punch/impact when needed.

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #9,866 of 11,979
Sep 3, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #9,867 of 11,979
bleeds to the mids too much,
but it could be a good thing for some music,

oh, maybe try to ask on the discover thread for another option,
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/

I think there is a thread for a basshead but is not really active,
Thanks alot, I will ask over there, I appreciate the help, I figured the tfz maybe a bit muddy, this is why I held off on buying it and thought I would ask around a bit

cheers

Sep 3, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #9,868 of 11,979

Thanks in advance
What is your price point? If it is at the Starfield's point or lower, the Moondrop Aria is improved over the Starfield for the genres you mention. Also, the Penon FAN and Sphere might fill that niche. Note: the FAN needs POWAH!

Sep 3, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #9,869 of 11,979
1630664778452.png

KATO is equipped with a new independently developed U.T.L super-linear dynamic driver, which includes a more efficient composite magnetic circuit of inner and outer magnets, and a linear air circulation structure, the third-generation DLC composite diaphragm, and a larger copper inner-cavity.

Other than that, KATO has also added a replaceable tube design, and two metal tubes of different materials come along to increase the playability of sound.
Tell me this is sub-$200 please. If so, insta-preorder.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back