Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 2, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #9,331 of 11,979
I have a 2 pin 2.5mm 4 core Limpid. Haven't tried it on anything. Was an impulse buy on Amazon a little while back. I think it was $29.00 which isn't bad if one doesn't want to wait on delivery from China.
I just saw that last night the 4 core but I could t find the 8 core. Were you able to on amazon?

Aug 2, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #9,332 of 11,979
FYI…I have a video of the Aria coming out very shortly, like on a few hours. It’ll have a sound demo of the Aria, along with comparison demos of Starfield, MEST, and Xenns UP.

I still like the Aria enough to play my entire library with enjoyment. Which means I rank it as a “S”
Why does YouTube take sooo long to publish HD versions of 4K HDR videos? *sigh*

It's been over 12 hours at least, and it's still only at 720p. Sound demo+review coming tomorrow morning at this rate. Sorry!

Aug 2, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #9,333 of 11,979
Hi everyone. I've been very pleased with the moondrop starfields. Their tuning matches my tastes perfectly. Only thing I'd prefer is a lighter housing as they are a bit heavy and tend to come unsealed from my ear with too much movement. I've tried multiple tips including the stock, blue t2 foam, dekoni foam, and just received today the spinfits cp145. Both foam pairs are the most secure although my favorite from a sound perspective is definitely my old trusty sony hybrid tips. Unfortunatley those tend to pop off the nozzles, maybe a new pair would work better (not sure if they even make them anymore). But yeah the starfields are awesome. Pro tip these respond really well to EQ. Bass boost on the ifi hipdac with these is godly.

Aug 2, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #9,334 of 11,979
liquid crystal polymer = LCP
high performance polymer could be just a different way to translate that.
Moondrop states LCP for both Aria and later coming Variations, so the chance of misrepresented translation is considerably small I think. But there is a hope that if Moondrop wants to differentiate the higher priced products to entry models, despite the diaphragm material to be fairly similar (not identical but similar)

Aug 2, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #9,335 of 11,979
Regarding the Quarks' driver:
firefox_4Nbo2y1Cvu.png

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #9,336 of 11,979
Official description doesn't mention anything about LCP drivers. Sigh.
Oppppss... Just confirmed again it was PET, I deeply apologize.
(Got quark project planning long ago, forgot to confirm)

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Aug 2, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #9,338 of 11,979
I wasn’t really expecting such a hassle with ordering the B2 Dusk, and tracking the shipment has been so disorganized.

They were sent from China, to Tennessee, to Germany then to New Jersey, and I thought they would be in my hands in a few days (I live in MA). Since then, there had been no updates and that was 7 days ago. I was using the 4PX website provided in the order confirmation email for tracking.

As today was day 7 of no updates, I contacted Shenzen, and was told the delivery failed and are being sent back...they sent me a link with a different tracking website that showed that detail, that a return to sender was being processed (on 7/31).

So frustrating. They gave me two numbers to contact with no detail as to what they were, just listed numbers. One ended up being USPS and the other was some elderly woman’s answering machine saying I reached the Sheary residence (sounds like I’m making this up!)

I followed up by responding to the email and asking if they can send it back my way, if not I’ll get a refund and look into something else. God what a mess. Hopefully they can just send them back and the address is recognized.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #9,339 of 11,979
I wasn’t really expecting such a hassle with ordering the B2 Dusk, and tracking the shipment has been so disorganized.

They were sent from China, to Tennessee, to Germany then to New Jersey, and I thought they would be in my hands in a few days (I live in MA). Since then, there had been no updates and that was 7 days ago. I was using the 4PX website provided in the order confirmation email for tracking.

As today was day 7 of no updates, I contacted Shenzen, and was told the delivery failed and are being sent back...they sent me a link with a different tracking website that showed that detail, that a return to sender was being processed (on 7/31).

So frustrating. They gave me two numbers to contact with no detail as to what they were, just listed numbers. One ended up being USPS and the other was some elderly woman’s answering machine saying I reached the Sheary residence (sounds like I’m making this up!)

I followed up by responding to the email and asking if they can send it back my way, if not I’ll get a refund and look into something else. God what a mess. Hopefully they can just send them back and the address is recognized.
Yeah I went through the same thing about a month ago. Sorry for your troubles bro. Sometimes ordering from China is problematic. I'm sure they will make it right in the end.

Aug 3, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #9,340 of 11,979
Aug 3, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #9,342 of 11,979
Aug 3, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #9,344 of 11,979
So guys I am ready to go for Variations after so many great shoutouts about them. One last thing I wanted to ask, what?about Variations QC and of Moondrop products of the same caliber in general? Do any Variations Blessing 2/Dusk or S8 owners have any complaints about build quality, durability etc.?

Aug 3, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #9,345 of 11,979
So guys I am ready to go for Variations after so many great shoutouts about them. One last thing I wanted to ask, what?about Variations QC and of Moondrop products of the same caliber in general? Do any Variations Blessing 2/Dusk or S8 owners have any complaints about build quality, durability etc.?
In my experience with both the B2 and Variations I have not one complaint in QC. Build quality is absolutely superb. They are built like tanks. I will say that the blessing 2/dusk faceplate tends to show small scuffs over time whereas the Variations, because of its faceplate design, doesn't show scratches and scuffs.

Build quality, sound quality, packaging, etc ..the whole experience is worth every penny imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back