Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 28, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #8,431 of 11,918
😨😇😇😇 that’s cracked with no mistake
That is not a crack. That is the socket shattered into peices.
This is a crack.
20210628_164550.jpg

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #8,432 of 11,918
Would you say there's variations on the way these are cracking?

I couldn't help it. I'm sorry.
Not sure, at least It may be a good precaution to handle pin connector, I didn’t want to crack pin connector of my VX, so I wasn’t risking any cables that I need some force to push into.

Variations is tuned with the stock cable and it sound just fine, I wouldn’t need to frequently switching cables as it has modulated end connectors too.

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #8,434 of 11,918
Wow that XINHS cable definitely is dangerous😨
Well, same for all those Penon, NiceHCK, Yin-yoo, etc, basically all those popular aftermarket cables as XINHS OEM for them.

I wasn't really "frequently changing" cables. I was only testing which cable sounds the best with the Variations and I only plugged and unplugged about 3 times. If they are making sockets this fragile they should just have the cable fixed there.

Jun 28, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #8,435 of 11,918
Humm that cracking has me concerned. Does anyone have any experience with buying from apos inc? They looks like there in USA and offer a 2year warranty.
Maybe be best to hold off order to see if ongoing issue with first batch or just super bad luck.​
thanks

Jun 28, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #8,436 of 11,918
Humm that cracking has me concerned. Does anyone have any experience with buying from apos inc? They looks like there in USA and offer a 2year warranty.
Maybe be best to hold off order to see if ongoing issue with first batch or just super bad luck.​
thanks
Apos is great. Fast delivery too. I have bought Moondrop Aria and Variations from them. Seems like they use DHL Express for more expensive item as opposed to 4PX for my Aria.

Jun 28, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #8,438 of 11,918
It has been only a week (actually less than a week) since the release of new product, variations, I am wondering when would be the release of next gen S8. The prototype, named as M8 seemed to be demoed during the audio event in china so I am expecting to hear about that soon.

Jun 29, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #8,443 of 11,918
Even i frequently changed cable on by B2 since i got them but it doesn't even have a single crack on them. Idk how you guys changing the cable here. If you know the pin is already too tight, then don't force it to the socket & if it crack because you abuse it, don't come here to complaint. It doesn't help

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #8,444 of 11,918
Is it the cable at fault or is there a design flaw with Variations or both?
I've got 6 Xin cables ans use them with IMR, UM, Noble and Beyerdynamic IEMs without issue. They're easily among the best fitting cables I own. And as others have said they OEM for NICE HCK & others, so I wouldn't be looking at the cable. Sounds like a design fault or bad connectors. OOne had a crack in the socket housing, the other has shattered pin sockets.. I had this problem with Noble M3s and they admitted they got a bad batch of pins and had to replace the IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back