Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 23, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #8,057 of 11,979
I cannot find the right tips for my Aria. Any suggestion?
That final tips, if you pay extra $9, you get a full set plus very nice flat neutral reference IEM.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08N5JSDRM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_P4Y3H72G50003M2TH84V
This tip does following:
-narrow down sound stage
-tame harshness around 6khz with a cost of losing air and resolution capability
-boost bass

My suggestion is AZLA Xelastec
AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC 3 Pairs (Size MS/M/ML 3Pr) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BRBT4W7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_Y0RY6JV5DEVYDD7K3C73
This tip does:
-Due to wide open bore, mid/treble gets clarity, if you feel original tip reproduces harshness, then it may not fit.
-control bass response, faster and tighter, since LCP driver procudes one of the best controlled bass response, it matches to emphasize on accuracy

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #8,058 of 11,979
Hello,

do you guys think that DAP will be better for my Aria or my LG V40 is OK?

regards,
Simon
I found Aria is not that DAP dependent, it works fine with PC dongle too, except the stock cable(mullfes midrange, makes piano, vocal odd-tone), and outer hex filter which also makes same muffle effect to mid and bass range.
After burn-in, if you still feel “ah so-so”, the I suggest to remove hex iron dumper filter and recabling.

The reason why stock tuning is not good for Jass & Blues is that both genre relies huge part on midrange, piano, deep vocals, sax, which by default, they tuned to make those sound subtle. Since you have a dozen of spare dumper filters that is included in accessory box, feel free to try to remove that iron filter it makes world night and day.

I played with aria over 150 hours, even after 100 hours, with all things I’ve tried to remove that muffle mid range, it still remained: changed various source, tried various tips, one thing I didn’t try was rolling cables because I loved the touch of stock cable.

Not until I was desperate and rolled the cable, the muffle effect was hardware native thing...it was the cable (and hex filter) dependent.

you can find following as recabling options:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PHFJ67T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_DCHTPHNV69YHTVXC8VD4
↑has 2.5mm/4.4mm balanced finish variations too

https://keephifi.com/products/kbear...us-blon-bl01-bl03?_pos=1&_sid=ef682093c&_ss=r
↑I’m using this, U-shape arrangement, crisp tuning.

Aria has great potentials to reach 81/100 A- range, but with stock setting it barely hits 70/100 B- chart on my standard, where Sparks TWS 72/100 B-, Starfield hits 75/100 B, KXXS 78/100 B+, Blessing2 87/100 A+, Dusk 90/100 S-. (Note: 70/100 is very lowend which some $20-30 IEM like KBEar Lark, KZ SKS, KZ DQ6 Surpassed 70/100, not even need to mentioned $50 class HZSound heart mirror, so my referring Aria’s stock setting to some $30-40 of recaptured value)
9F2F56F4-07FE-4071-BECA-39D3C0FBD4AF.jpeg
CDD7B9F7-F085-459B-8B42-F2FD79A2A6F9.jpeg
358F10AE-A80F-4AA7-A604-CBE2F629F842.jpeg

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #8,061 of 11,979
I found Aria is not that DAP dependent, it works fine with PC dongle too, except the stock cable(mullfes midrange, makes piano, vocal odd-tone), and outer hex filter which also makes same muffle effect to mid and bass range.
After burn-in, if you still feel “ah so-so”, the I suggest to remove hex iron dumper filter and recabling.

The reason why stock tuning is not good for Jass & Blues is that both genre relies huge part on midrange, piano, deep vocals, sax, which by default, they tuned to make those sound subtle. Since you have a dozen of spare dumper filters that is included in accessory box, feel free to try to remove that iron filter it makes world night and day.

I played with aria over 150 hours, even after 100 hours, with all things I’ve tried to remove that muffle mid range, it still remained: changed various source, tried various tips, one thing I didn’t try was rolling cables because I loved the touch of stock cable.

Not until I was desperate and rolled the cable, the muffle effect was hardware native thing...it was the cable (and hex filter) dependent.

you can find following as recabling options:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PHFJ67T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_DCHTPHNV69YHTVXC8VD4
↑has 2.5mm/4.4mm balanced finish variations too

https://keephifi.com/products/kbear...us-blon-bl01-bl03?_pos=1&_sid=ef682093c&_ss=r
↑I’m using this, U-shape arrangement, crisp tuning.

Aria has great potentials to reach 81/100 A- range, but with stock setting it barely hits 70/100 B- chart on my standard, where Sparks TWS 72/100 B-, Starfield hits 75/100 B, KXXS 78/100 B+, Blessing2 87/100 A+, Dusk 90/100 S-. (Note: 70/100 is very lowend which some $20-30 IEM like KBEar Lark, KZ SKS, KZ DQ6 Surpassed 70/100, not even need to mentioned $50 class HZSound heart mirror, so my referring Aria’s stock setting to some $30-40 of recaptured value)
9F2F56F4-07FE-4071-BECA-39D3C0FBD4AF.jpegCDD7B9F7-F085-459B-8B42-F2FD79A2A6F9.jpeg358F10AE-A80F-4AA7-A604-CBE2F629F842.jpeg
I don’t hear any muffle in the mid. What I hear is the mid is a bit behind or not in your face/forward as my ckx for example. I can still hear singer's breath and any other details just fine.

May 23, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #8,062 of 11,979
I don’t hear any muffle in the mid. What I hear is the mid is a bit behind or not in your face/forward as my ckx for example. I can still hear singer's breath and any other details just fine.
It’s a relative comparison, not absolute but when it comes to compare neutral reference IEM, it is muffled.
I refer neutral reference to Softears RSV, Final E500. For Headphone, I can refer Sennheiser HD560S to somewhat close to neutral with a bit spice around 3-4khz, Aria on chart looks it has amplitude, not in transient and cohesive tonality with the dumper filter and stock cable.

And above all, I have Aria, Starfield, and KXXS the three siblings, it’s a relative comparison that Aria is far foggy in midrange due to its filter /cable.

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #8,063 of 11,979
It’s a relative comparison, not absolute but when it comes to compare neutral reference IEM, it is muffled.
I refer neutral reference to Softears RSV, Final E500. For Headphone, I can refer Sennheiser HD560S to somewhat close to neutral with a bit spice around 3-4khz, Aria on chart looks it has amplitude, not in transient and cohesive tonality with the dumper filter and stock cable.

And above all, I have Aria, Starfield, and KXXS the three siblings, it’s a relative comparison that Aria is far foggy in midrange due to its filter /cable.
I am using a silver cable on mine.

May 23, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #8,064 of 11,979
I am using a silver cable on mine.
That will improve midrange greatly👍 If you want a better base response and more clarify on midrange, I suggest removing outer layer of the filter, it’s reversible as Aria comes with dozen filters.
Again, I’m referring muddy midrange only to it’s stock cable and hex filter.

May 23, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #8,065 of 11,979
I just received Final Audio type E eartips and it is the most comfortable silicone eartips I've ever tried so far.

May 23, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #8,066 of 11,979
Hey guys,
I would like to share my first impression on the Aria. Firstly, I am not even a fan of the Starfiled, I find out it is lack of cohesiveness, and also too mids focus for my taste, straight into the point, the Aria is better than starfiled in any aspect IMO.

The bass is more controlled and engaging than starfiend, with slightly more mid bass allow it to produced touch a warmth in the midrange, which make it more pleasing to listen to. The treble don’t have much different, probably a little more laid back on Aria. The soundstage is wider and also slightly deeper on Aria. In my opinion this is the best Moondrop IEMs single DD I ever tried, a part from illumination, haven’t heard it yet.

68CF8515-746A-41C4-9DCB-2BCCFFA5A91F.jpeg

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #8,067 of 11,979

E500 tuning for $20 best thing Final did. Very balance

May 24, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #8,068 of 11,979
Done with the 100 hours burn in period with my Aria and it sounds so different from when it first came out of the box. I mostly listen to 80s to early 2000 bands and I love how I feel the different dynamics of each song with the aria. I can actually hear the different hits on the cymbals and how differently drummers muffle their kick drums as well which I find amazing! I mainly listen on sony A45 with FEv2 custom fw by mrwalkman.

May 24, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #8,069 of 11,979
@MOONDROP
....your Sparks got technical glitch. The connection reset is by keep pressing both TWS for 3 seconds. But my left side TWS lost connection and keeps paring mode, I was trying to reset the connection but left side seemed now behaving as independent mode, the “pressing both TWS for 3 sec” hard reset needs both TWS at synchronized mode to take effect. It’s a design flaw.
Now I have two “Moondrop Sparks” showing on Bluetooth list both works on independent mode, if left side is connected right side looses connection, vice versa. Useless by 2nd day of arrival. C’mon...even KZ TWS has no issues like this.

D37E9EAE-E8F3-43B5-8133-AA50B720396E.jpeg

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #8,070 of 11,979
Done with the 100 hours burn in period with my Aria and it sounds so different from when it first came out of the box. I mostly listen to 80s to early 2000 bands and I love how I feel the different dynamics of each song with the aria. I can actually hear the different hits on the cymbals and how differently drummers muffle their kick drums as well which I find amazing! I mainly listen on sony A45 with FEv2 custom fw by mrwalkman.
Yes, I said that here.

After 40h of burn-in Aria looks like another IEM (I currently have 100 hours of burn-in, but I think that after 40 hours there is no longer any noticeable difference in my unit).

The bass kick is much more present and the mids appear a little more as well. One user even went so far as to say that this was looking more like "brain burn-in", but I don't particularly believe in burn-in and I was impressed by the change in Aria.

I even think I had a volume boost, but I can't say that for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back