Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #7,712 of 11,979
Can't find the 100+ tips on Amazon or the Spinfit site.
I bet you are mistaking him as me, I mentioned SpinFit CP100+, it looks like regional marketing variants, for Taiwanese/Japanese market they probably named after CP100+, for western market they called it CP100 II. I also couldn’t any single source of CP100+, but the source picture’s package did say CP100+ with bunch of sub details of comparison to original.

probably after the release SpinFit noticed, as an SEO the symbol “+” is not a smart term as it is used as directional command in search engines, and decided to rename it haha.
DD610969-95F1-4601-B66F-6238C58A9644.jpeg
ADA2BA03-031C-4F09-AB48-33F0074DB779.jpeg

[edit) just looked at https://www.spinfit.com.tw/en

they have CP100+ listed, the japanese and chinese web, and said it’s available on their local amazon since 4/14. Probably we will have it soon! (I speak both Japanese/Chinese).
AF52C195-C3A1-4295-B15E-85D5D67DA1DB.png
77E1303A-2852-415B-B831-5758F0312C32.png

just FYI, do not buy Xelastec for airpods pro for gods sake...SpinFit got it wrong. Apple developed airpods pro with their proprietary soft silicon tips, and the xelastec ruined active noise canceling, it simply does not offset the phase of xelastec sigunature. So SpinFit then came out “spinfit Crystal” for Airpods Pro, which some users reported “better ANC compliance”.
I usually order some Japanese supplies from Amazon Japan, and it seems like they already have it listed:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08Z7RBSNS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_11JZAMQTN01GNHRB9ZJK

here is the price : if you ship domestic Japan: around $14 usd
If ship to USA $14+13 =$27😭

I’d either order bunch of region limited version or simply wait.
B9B49780-0061-48FA-B9AF-1F58932E0AD7.jpeg
4258F369-4132-4475-8527-025AF0B508A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #7,713 of 11,979
Question: Am I the only one that has an SSP with ultra-tight female 2-pin? To the point that I can't use other 2-pin cables and only the stock?

I finally managed to remove the stock cable of my SSP. I've had it for more than a few weeks already. But then I tried inserting a different cable and it just won't go in no matter how much force I put in it. I'm afraid to put more strength in inserting for the fear of breaking the male 2-pin of my cable.

I've tried using the stock cable of the SSP with other IEMs and it works just fine.
Same issue, i've tried to pull out the cable (it comes plugged into iems), broke the fork on the right side of the cable. The seller suggested to buy a new cable.

Apr 29, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #7,714 of 11,979
Question: Am I the only one that has an SSP with ultra-tight female 2-pin? To the point that I can't use other 2-pin cables and only the stock?

I finally managed to remove the stock cable of my SSP. I've had it for more than a few weeks already. But then I tried inserting a different cable and it just won't go in no matter how much force I put in it. I'm afraid to put more strength in inserting for the fear of breaking the male 2-pin of my cable.

I've tried using the stock cable of the SSP with other IEMs and it works just fine.
The SSR and SSP both have extremely tight 2-pin connections.

Apr 30, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #7,715 of 11,979
Apr 30, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #7,716 of 11,979
@MOONDROP
Sad news, placed order for Dusk 4/22 from Shenzhen Audio, got shipping notice yesterday and it says “4px”. Last time I ordered Blessing2 from Shenzhen Audio’s amazon online store and they shipped with DHL, it only took couple of days to get to United States.
For something not cheap, I’d expect DHL.... 4px takes weeks if not months😭
This is very disappointing.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #7,717 of 11,979
Just plugged Aria(removed hex filter) to iPad, and played some youtube, wow! It sounds good, Aria perfectly works without serious amps. Sound as just good.

May 1, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #7,719 of 11,979
Some random questions here to everyone, how do you weight Tonality vs Technicality for any cans/IEMs? I’m trying to formulate in an effort to quantify IEM’s performance, and need some public opinions.
I personally weight 60% for tonality and 40% for technicalities. Maybe the majority of the non-audiophile community does 80% tonality 20% technicalities.

May 1, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #7,720 of 11,979
Some random questions here to everyone, how do you weight Tonality vs Technicality for any cans/IEMs? I’m trying to formulate in an effort to quantify IEM’s performance, and need some public opinions.
I personally weight 60% for tonality and 40% for technicalities. Maybe the majority of the non-audiophile community does 80% tonality 20% technicalities.
I'm not sure about percentages- for me it's a little like scaffolding. Tonality has to be more or less natural first for me to even listen to it, and the technicalities further determine to what extent I enjoy it. Can see how it would vastly differ for someone who uses EQ though :p

May 1, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #7,721 of 11,979
It also depends on our retained audio memory I guess. Like if the sound in our mind has a slightly skewed FR but greater technicalities due to a certain previous headphone/IEM, we will naturally be more demanding in the technical aspect, and may even feel a more FR target-tuned headphone/IEM to sound "lacking" *or "off". With no right and wrong and in the presence of other factors, I find it really hard to give a definite answer to your question, especially with meaningful percentages attached

May 1, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #7,722 of 11,979
I think tonality has an immediate impact on me as my mother's friend is a classical conductor, and I frequently attend his concerts (the sound remains in my head). In some rare instances the headphone or IEM has such good technicalities that I'm willing to adapt to its tonality instead though

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #7,723 of 11,979

Tonality is the main reason i didnt like my brothers tri starsea, even against kz zsx.

Starseas had a weird feeling where 90% of the sound had good tonality almost if not the same as my nf na2, but michael jackson in "the lady of my life" just didnt feel right.

Where as zsx has a more homogeneous ba timbre.

May 1, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #7,724 of 11,979

Well different strokes for different folks, some prioritize tonality, some prioritize technicalities, some prioritize timbre. I think it also depends on the music genres we listen to, hearing health etc.

FWIW, in the budget segment for CHIFI, I do find there are a lot of technicalities monsters, multi driver hybrid behemoths that have no issue with microdetails, imaging and clarity and instrument separation. But finding something with good tonality is rarer in the budget segment. Of course EQ can help tonality to some extent, but EQ can't really fix much of technicalities (unless we are talking about boosting the upper frequencies to give more clarity and perhaps "fake" details).

For myself at least, tonality and timbre is my first priority, technicalities are a distant third for me. But I guess it also depends on the price bracket one buys at. If at the budget segment, we have something cheap like the BLON BL-03, which aces tonality and timbre, but has bad technicalities and bass bloat, I can close one eye as it is cheap. But if we are talking about midfi priced gear, the people buying at that segment are pickier and there's tough competition, so I would expect that IEM to have at least good to above average scores in timbre, tonality and technicalities. It ain't enough to be a one trick pony at that price range eg just scoring well in tonality but have below average technicalities.

Other than technicalities and tonality, one other aspect that is not frequently mentioned is fit and comfort. I really like the Sony IER Z1R's sound, superb bass and good technicalities. Unfortunately the fit for me for the Z1R is a dealbreaker. Or there's some heavenly sounding IEM, but one can't use it for more than 5 minutes due to pain (for me it is the etymotic series due to the super deep fit).

May 1, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #7,725 of 11,979
Thank you everyone for your valuable input!! From my observation it is fair to say the perception toward tonality vs technicalities are really individuals characteristics dependent. For which I would consider using psychological academic study to pull out a ratio👍

For fit&comfort that is very very hard aspect, So I’ve kept it as independent foot notes, which does not affect the scores. But I do agree if it was solely for my decision, fit weight like 1/3 of the total valuation! Not only the size of ear canal, the depth that how deep the nozzle could get into & nozzle angle from IEM body is also important factor, which I may add indepent note. Insertion depth hugely impact the calculation for pinna gain & concha gain as academic study shows it is one of variable that decides pinna gain to be sit from 2.5khz-3.5khz.
[Edit] Just ordered this from Aliexpress (wow! They sell everything 😂😂) life size human ear anatomy model, I think I’d take mug shots for each pair of IEMs I own, so it will be a good depth&size comparative reference. Mugshots from front degree, 45degree and side degree should be sufficient enough to have a 3D illustration.
B6E9CB48-9CA0-4153-A87E-E5F602672057.jpeg

914DEEF7-D06D-45E2-AB69-7E5564462C11.jpeg

the nozzule angle is pure comfort and noise isolation factor. For which I speculated Asian/Pacific Islander standard has wider angle(greater than 90 degree) and Western standard has narrower angle (around 90 degrees). From how Thieaudio differentiated the design of Monarch vs Clairvoyance. I can speculate this difference from the cultural differences Eastern cultured matured from agricultural culture and Western matured from hunting culture. The narrower the angle, the sound source detection could get distant.

[P.S.] @MOONDROP I emailed bonnie about “Are you sure you shipped my Blessing 2 Dusk thru infamous 4px!?” And they repllied “yes, if you have any other question please tell me”😫 what a disappointment from Shenzhen Audio....... I guess I will never use them again. 4px takes forever to get to USA, not even to mention inaccurate tracking information, they just leave packages in front of my door step that can be get stolen at anytime in the place I live.
One time I haven’t noticed there was a cheap eartips delivered to my doors steps for 4 days.

I ordered original blessing2 from Shenzhen Audio’s amazon usa, and they shipled with DHL express, took 3 days to get here.

Unless you are getting something exclusive from Shenzhen Audio, I highly recommend to order from alternatives.
evidence : Directly from Shenzhen Audio:

6B8210FA-D908-4B54-8F55-4A9062A0A2ED.jpeg

From Shenzhen Audio’s AmazonUSA online shop:
353CFEA8-3CF1-4231-B4DC-B16BEB276336.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back