Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #6,946 of 11,978
Hi, in 2 days there are sales on AliExpress and I'm looking for a new inexpensive cable.

Has anyone tried / can try using FAAEAL copper cable or TRI Through (or something with a similar 2 pin connector) on the KXXS / Stafields? Do they work?
I already have a NiceHCK LitzOCC but these Moondrop IEMs are not fully recessed so part of the connector stays out of the shell and I don't like it.

Jan 9, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #6,948 of 11,978
Hi, in 2 days there are sales on AliExpress and I'm looking for a new inexpensive cable.

Has anyone tried / can try using FAAEAL copper cable or TRI Through (or something with a similar 2 pin connector) on the KXXS / Stafields? Do they work?
I already have a NiceHCK LitzOCC but these Moondrop IEMs are not fully recessed so part of the connector stays out of the shell and I don't like it.
Hi, I have FAAEAL 4-core litz ofc. Can't recomend it. Soldering joints is awful. Right side stopped working after few days. Sound is classic ofc - nothing extra.

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #6,951 of 11,978
Got a dunu blanche silver modular cable for my blessing 2 dusk... what a combo! It might be overkill for these iems but the pairing is simply sublime. Night and day difference from the tripowin 8 core cable I had on them which was already pretty damn good.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #6,953 of 11,978
Just got a DIY Silver plated Copper Litz cable for my son's Blessing 2. It really gives the Blessing 2 Dusks more presence. Makes them sound more like a live concert.

When I tried them with my own higher end silver plated UPOCC copper cable, it has a tighter sound, but smooth in the treble.

Jan 14, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #6,954 of 11,978
Coming from Weston W30 IEM's, would the Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk be considered a step up, sideways or down? Also, foam tips - Any of Comply or Shure Olives fit??

Sony NW-A45 with MrWalkman's firmware update & an LG V3O will be the daily drivers.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #6,955 of 11,978

I got the Nicehck 16-core copper cable that I use on the Starfields. Its like $10, has great build feel and seems to smooth a bit of the 4K peak that can be fatiguing though that could be my brain. Either way, its a nice cable for cheap.

Jan 15, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #6,956 of 11,978
Coming from Weston W30 IEM's, would the Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk be considered a step up, sideways or down? Also, foam tips - Any of Comply or Shure Olives fit??

Sony NW-A45 with MrWalkman's firmware update & an LG V3O will be the daily drivers.

Using TS600 Comply tips on mine, fit perfect.

Jan 15, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #6,958 of 11,978
Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #6,960 of 11,978
Anyone know where I can get the Moondrop Starfield in Europe? Even if I order from amazon.es, it is sent from China.

I got mine on past Black Friday from Amazon (sold by Shenzhen Audio, shipped and fulfilled by Amazon).

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back