Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #6,661 of 11,918
I'm curious what you're running these from that the single ended output is not enough for b2. I guess I could understand somebody saying use an amp for them but to say they should be running balanced seems a bit overkill.

now obviously if somebody has an amp that has both balanced and single-ended outputs in general the balanced output sounds better on most of those amps so you would use the balance output just for that purpose but I would never recommend that somebody specifically looks for a balanced output to run B2
It can be run single-ended, but on my BTR5 I need to bring the volume up a few ticks on SE connection vs balanced. It's not that big a deal, just a recommendation of mine.
I'll have to do some comparison testing on some other devices.

Nov 16, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #6,662 of 11,918
Where are the filters in the Blessing 2 packaging? I purchased my pair new from Headphones.com and I can't find them anywhere inside the packaging. Thanks for your help! Maybe I'm missing them but I've looked pretty closely...
Sorry I forgot that blessing 2 doesn't include original filter
BTW the filter on blessing2/s8/solis is only for dust protection purpose, you can always remove them and clean more frequently.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Nov 16, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #6,664 of 11,918
I removed my Blessing 2 filter since it moves a lot when I changed eartip, and I couldn't find the replacement in the box too...
Yeah sorry for the confusion.
The filter for blessing 2 does not have tining function(they are just dust caps, if you don't like them just remove and clean frequently)
, you can replace with any suitable after market filters.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Nov 20, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #6,665 of 11,918
Just had my SSP come in after only a week, didn't expect to have them so soon as they came a full week early. Props to Shenzhen Audio on the quick shipping and delivery.

I was surprised at just how small these are, absolutely tiny compared to what I'm used to. And the all metal build is nice too
The sound these produce was different than I initially expected but at the same time they have a very familiar sound and it took me a couple of songs to recognize it. These sound a lot like the Meze 99 Classics, warm and fun. Even though the frequency response doesn't look like it. The treble is a bit more recessed and they don't have the sound stage or imaging that the 99 Classics have but then again these are not full size headphones. Funny enough my pair does require about the same power as the 99 Classics despite the lower impedance (16Ω vs 32Ω) and higher sensitivity (112dB vs 103dB).

Now full disclaimer I've only listened to them for a bout an hour so it's too early to get a good view of their true capabilities and I can't say if the sound remains the same over time. So far I've only used them with my LG G7 so who knows what will happen when I try them with the X7 MkII. But for now I like what I'm hearing.

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #6,666 of 11,918
Here is my SSP Measurement
Moondrop SSP.jpg

I had a chance to measure 2 SSR with slightly different results so here is also the comparison graph
graph (23).png

Quick and short impression since people have know SSR for a while. In relative to the SSP... It is the warmer and less shoutier version of the SSR. Not to say that the SSP isn't shouty but still... yeah

I will drop a review in 1 - 2 weeks at my website https://banbeu.com hopefully ,with another sample since this one belongs to the review at my local audio shop.

Thanks for letting me stealing the 6,666th post of this thread :)

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #6,670 of 11,918
Do the MIS-Tips change the sound on the Blessing 2 compared to the default silicone tips?
Not to me, but I used the stock tips very little because of how uncomfortable they were for me. I switched to custom tips immediately and after I got the mis-tips I stopped looking. They improve the comfort of the B2 for me to the point that sound changes (if any) are of secondary concern. And the B2 still sounds fantastic.

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #6,671 of 11,918
Not to me, but I used the stock tips very little because of how uncomfortable they were for me. I switched to custom tips immediately and after I got the mis-tips I stopped looking. They improve the comfort of the B2 for me to the point that sound changes (if any) are of secondary concern. And the B2 still sounds fantastic.

I was actually trying them out a few minutes ago and noticed that they lower bass a bit compared to the silicone tips. It's very noticeable to me by listening to the beginning of Hard Times by Paramore.

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #6,672 of 11,918
I see. If I remember correctly, the stock tips are narrow/medium-bore, so it makes sense. I used SpiralDots and Azla Sedna Lights Short tips with them, which are all wide-bore, so I didn't see a change between them and the mis-tips. Sorry for misleading you; I couldn't remember what the stock tips sounded like.

Nov 23, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #6,673 of 11,918
I see. If I remember correctly, the stock tips are narrow/medium-bore, so it makes sense. I used SpiralDots and Azla Sedna Lights Short tips with them, which are all wide-bore, so I didn't see a change between them and the mis-tips. Sorry for misleading you; I couldn't remember what the stock tips sounded like.

No worries. It's a shame because the MIS-Tips are definitely more comfortable.

Nov 23, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #6,674 of 11,918
Has anyone here tried using the Moondrop filters on other IEMs? If so, how well does it work, and how does it alter the sound?

Nov 23, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #6,675 of 11,918
Has anyone here tried using the Moondrop filters on other IEMs? If so, how well does it work, and how does it alter the sound?
I am tempted to try actually... Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back