Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 10, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #6,469 of 11,979
I think the b2 shells are overall fine. If you have small ears they’re going to be a bit large however. I’ll tell you my main gripe about them, which has nothing to do with sound: there is no lip on the shell. The tips come off every time I take them off, drives me crazy!
After cleaning the outside of the nozzles well, you can also try wrapping a narrow piece of micropore tape on the nozzle, for the ear tip to grip to. A much more permanent solution would be to use fine grit sandpaper to make the outside of the nozzle a little coarse.

Oct 11, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #6,470 of 11,979
Sound-wise I love the Blessing 2, but comfort can be an issue. In my case they're not good for long listening sessions, though I dearly wish I could use them for that.

Similar for me. My ears are not small, but my ear canal is oval, with 2x more height than width.
It's not the shell that creates an issue, but the huge nozzle and, I suspect, the rather sharp edge on the nozzle.
My tip selection mainly focused on keeping the nozzle edge from creating a pressure point through the tip.

The Spinfit CP500 works best for me, because it's a little longer, but it still feels like I am trying to stick something too big into my ears and is not as comfortable as the my other IEMs.

@MOONDROP
The B2 sounds great for the money, but please try to keep the nozzle size down in the next release, or even re-work the B2 into a B2.5 with a slimmer nozzle.

Oct 11, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #6,471 of 11,979
Similar for me. My ears are not small, but my ear canal is oval, with 2x more height than width.

Sounds like the new oval tips from ADV would be ideal for you!

Oct 11, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #6,472 of 11,979
After cleaning the outside of the nozzles well, you can also try wrapping a narrow piece of micropore tape on the nozzle, for the ear tip to grip to. A much more permanent solution would be to use fine grit sandpaper to make the outside of the nozzle a little coarse.

I use a piece of dental floss, and tie it onto the eartip core. Works perfectly, and I haven’t had a single tip fall off yet :wink:

Oct 11, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #6,473 of 11,979
Sounds like the new oval tips from ADV would be ideal for you!
I think i also have to give them a try. Since i use azla sedna xelastec i know my ears are also more oval then round

20201011_153456.jpg
20201011_153448.jpg

Oct 13, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #6,479 of 11,979
Got the Starfield. Fit is so so, and for me it becomes tiring after 30 minutes (compared to shure IEMs). Sound is good for classical music, some vocal, but I too find it too bright and thin (sometimes splashy?) to be used as all rounder. I would prefer a few db more bass and a bit more polite top end.

I like AKG K371 - which is supposed to follow harman target. To my ears - Starfield (which is also suppose to follow harman curve) sounds much thinner and brighter.

Would appreciate any suggestion for XL tips - as an upgrade over stock. I don’t like foam and prefer silicone. Would consider foam if they tip signature to warm side significally.

Oct 13, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #6,480 of 11,979
I found that the ePro horn shape tips work very well with the Starfield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back