Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 7, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #6,257 of 11,979
Really nice, very descriptive explanation!
I had the Kanas Pro and your KXXS description reminds me of it, and I have the B2 coming.
Really curious now, because I am a bit sensitive to BA timbre, I also seem to prefer the musicality and energy of DDs. So I can totally relate to your preference for the KXXS. Also the Kanas Pro was a very engaging IEM and it got me hooked on IEMs.
I am looking forward to getting back into the Moondrop world, and really curious about the B2.
B2 is another level :D
KPE sounds very unnatural compared to the B2.
The bass is similar with KPE but less in quantity, faster and way better.

Mids, imaging, separation very nicely done.

I recommend going for a pair of soft wide bore tips just to keep the IEMs in place.

Moondrop Blessing 2 - KPE vs B2.jpg
Moondrop Blessing 2 - Tips.jpg

Sep 7, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #6,258 of 11,979
So the Azla Sedna tone down shoutiness or increase it? I’m trying to decide whether to buy them, if I should try the short or regular. I’d probably get the “light” version. I’m also considering buying the Xelastics. They’re just so pricey.

Sep 7, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #6,259 of 11,979
So the Azla Sedna tone down shoutiness or increase it? I’m trying to decide whether to buy them, if I should try the short or regular. I’d probably get the “light” version. I’m also considering buying the Xelastics. They’re just so pricey.

Can you explain/describe what you mean by shoutiness?

Sep 7, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #6,260 of 11,979
I have the light regular non-short version and they increase the treble response considerably so be advised.

Sep 7, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #6,261 of 11,979
I have the light regular non-short version and they increase the treble response considerably so be advised.

Agreed, increase treble, decrease bass, and enlarge the soundstage a bit.

I don’t know if that meets the definition of shouty though, without knowing more about what frequency ranges the OP is referring to.

Sep 7, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #6,262 of 11,979
Can you explain/describe what you mean by shoutiness?

Ive found that certain female vocals can lead to a noticeable harshness in volume with the Blessing 2. Some tips calm it but obviously some can exacerbate it.

Try listening to some songs by The Cardigans.

Sep 7, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #6,263 of 11,979
Ive found that certain female vocals can lead to a noticeable harshness in volume with the Blessing 2. Some tips calm it but obviously some can exacerbate it.

Ok, so like upper midrange and lower treble?

Yeah, so I wouldn’t recommend you use the SednaFits (at least the results regular or the light). I don’t have any of the xlelastic or whatever they’re called, so I don’t have any advice on that.

Maybe try Spiral Dots or SpinFits? They also have those Ostry tips that have the little filters. Those may be perfect for your situation.

Sep 7, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #6,264 of 11,979

Just go by narrow bore tips like final E or hybrid

Sep 7, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #6,265 of 11,979
I have all azla variants, and i measure them the other day, the wide bore like azla and spiral dot seems to boost upper mids and lower highs then the most upper highs for soundstage, not so obvious in graph but there is slight changes, i wont call them changes, just the characteristic of the eartips, that said you need a great pair between your IEM characteristic and the eartips on it.
Azla regular and light have slightly boost opening on roughly range 3-5khz and then on upper end over 12khz for soundstage. So if your iem have peaks on for example 4khz, they can boost them more. While smaller bore boosted highs from their nozzle opening resonance so will affecting higher frequencies than wide bore opening, but also boost bass too, especially mid bass a bit (like final Audio E, sony hybrid - their name for silicone) but actually they are the neutral one maybe, just the wide borereduce mid bass portion so when I change to smaller bore, i feel mid bass in increase a little bit
The Xelastec have similar opening with regular Azla. What is the differences then?
its the material used. Sedna regular, sedna light, sedna Xelastec they made from different materials with similar bore opening (wide), beside the fit and comfort (xelastec have stickier materials that seal very well) do they sounded different?
for me yes i can hear the differences, but not adding or reducing some frequencies between those AZLA, but more to whether that material resonance sonic more or less. The sedna regular (black) using harder material on their stem, made resonance is harder, resonance more, bass is tight, "hard" if i can say but for bright IEM, these can make glaring high mids / highs sounded more.
second is sedna light, differences are subtle if you look aside from color, but actually they made by softer material (and they confirm it too), made the resonance on "medium" stage. While Xelastec is very different, they dont resonance well, by meaning, this is good for edgy, bright IEMs, so they more "absorb" glare, shrill more, but in trade off with slightly "bouncy" feeling of bass, not sharp but blunted. For already smooth IEMs, xelastec made their details blunted also, not sharp enough.
Think these like dampers inside IEM nozzles, different material resonance differently.

Sep 7, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #6,266 of 11,979
Just go by narrow bore tips like final E or hybrid
Ok, so like upper midrange and lower treble?

Yeah, so I wouldn’t recommend you use the SednaFits (at least the results regular or the light). I don’t have any of the xlelastic or whatever they’re called, so I don’t have any advice on that.

Maybe try Spiral Dots or SpinFits? They also have those Ostry tips that have the little filters. Those may be perfect for your situation.

i agree, for Harman target signature like Blessing 2 if you feel high mids too shouty, dont use wide bore like Azla / Spiral dot. Try Final E, Sony hybrid or spinfit CP100, CP360, or even cheap KZ starlines default tips

Sep 8, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #6,267 of 11,979
Sep 8, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #6,268 of 11,979

its the same, they have variant with red/pink nozzle neck to distinguish between L and R tips.

sony hybrids are easy to find, just search for sony eartips (they call it hybrids but actually its the normal silicone), be careful though, there are fakes out there.

Sep 8, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #6,270 of 11,979
While putting on a tip the earwax filter came off of one of the Blesing 2s nozzles. Is this bad? These are only a week old :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back