Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 25, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #5,791 of 11,976
I want to buy a custom cable for my Moon drop IEMs. What more well known IEM manufacturer has the same two pin connection. Selection list only has manufacturers listed, not connection description.

Jun 25, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #5,792 of 11,976
I want to buy a custom cable for my Moon drop IEMs. What more well known IEM manufacturer has the same two pin connection. Selection list only has manufacturers listed, not connection description.
Any that uses a .78mm 2 pin will work. Noble, 64 Audio, and Empire Ears to name a few.

Jun 25, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #5,793 of 11,976

Be careful. There are actually two types of 0.78 mm 2 pin connectors. I've attached a picture so you can see how the length of the plastic section varies. Ignore the curve on connector G in the image attached.

My experience has been the connectors with the shorter plastic section do not insert as deeply and are not as secure.

Attachments

• H62b3036b202b43b1afd9d5e9b6538c38I.jpg
    H62b3036b202b43b1afd9d5e9b6538c38I.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 0
Jun 25, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #5,794 of 11,976
Hmm, Today i've compared Moodrop Blessing 2 vs FLC8S. Firstly, I thought that cable on B2 is bad, but on FLC it's even worse. In terms of using, of course FLC are smaller and more comfortable.
About the sound, well, with any filters the bass on FLC is deeper, it has a better punch, the songs have more body. I almost forgot how it's sub bass. Also due to good bass, the stage is deeper on FLC.
But midrange it's better on Blessing 2, it's more flawless and relaxed, the instruments feels bigger, female vocal is more forward.( even FLC with golden filter)
Where the Blessing 2 wins, it's upper frequences. Blessing has more extension, ups are more airy and due or this, the stage is wider.
So if B2 would have more bass, they could have been perfect earphones in this price range.

Jun 25, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #5,795 of 11,976
unique melody 2pin, JH AUDIO legacy 2 pin, future sonics, fir audio, 64audio, spiral ears, westone legacy 2pin

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Jun 25, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #5,796 of 11,976
Received the Moondrop Starfield today and apart from the cable - I like them so far. These are a bit behind the KXXS in overall resolution/speed/articulation but I think renders some of the best vocals in its price category.

11263476.jpg

Jun 25, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #5,797 of 11,976
Jun 26, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #5,798 of 11,976
About the Starfields, some people love them, some people find them boring. I think that's due to the following reasons (a part from personal taste ofc):
-earwax: I cleaned my ears yesterday and and my starfield suddenly became more lively, although still on the smooth side of things
-volume: because of the Munson-Fletcher curve, V-shaped transducers sounds better at lower volumes, while flatter ones like the Starfields give their best performance at a higher volumes. So, try playing 'em loud

Jun 27, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #5,799 of 11,976
Ha, another E-pro Horn Shapes lover. They are absolute best sounding tips ever. But seem to be overlooked by others.

Fit might not be for everyone, as they are quite deep insertion. But what they do to treble and staging its just pure magic.

I suppose they are not best pick with bright iems.
I did not like the e-pro horn tips on any of my iems like kxxs or t800 compared with the azla sedna. E pro horn are not bad but i find the azla way more accurate cleaner and punchier

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #5,801 of 11,976
Completely shocked and disappointed with SSR my VK4 sound many times better for the price..perhaps this why they've withdrawn from sale.?
Compared to my Starfield set even for the price there just awful.
I find it interesting how this is already proving to be a controversial IEM. I think many of us knew from the beginning that it would not suit a lot of tastes, based on how it graphs, but quite strong opinions seem to be forming. Many of us are waiting for the SSP to come out, but I wonder if there will be any last minute adjustments to the SSR during this hiatus.

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #5,802 of 11,976
Completely shocked and disappointed with SSR my VK4 sound many times better for the price..perhaps this why they've withdrawn from sale.?
Compared to my Starfield set even for the price there just awful.
Can you tell us more specific why they are awful

I mean they are called reference for a purpose

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #5,803 of 11,976
About the Starfields, some people love them, some people find them boring. I think that's due to the following reasons (a part from personal taste ofc):
-earwax: I cleaned my ears yesterday and and my starfield suddenly became more lively, although still on the smooth side of things
-volume: because of the Munson-Fletcher curve, V-shaped transducers sounds better at lower volumes, while flatter ones like the Starfields give their best performance at a higher volumes. So, try playing 'em loud
Completely agree with all said. Give them some volume, and they come alive. Throw a silver cable in the mix, and it gets even better.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #5,804 of 11,976
Completely agree with all said. Give them some volume, and they come alive. Throw a silver cable in the mix, and it gets even better.
Same for kxxs definitely unenjoyable at lower volumes or low power output

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #5,805 of 11,976
["Cevisi, post: 15704778, member: 509073"]
Can you tell us more specific why they are awful
I’m also curious about your specific reasons for disliking them so much. Primarily due to the tuning?

I mean they are called reference for a purpose
True, and that’s what had me interested in them at first. I also really their looks/shape, that and the price. I was hoping they would be a more affordable and potentially more comfortable alternative to the Etymotic IEMs. What gave me concern was how the graph matched up against the Etymotic graphs. These is such a HUGE boost to the upper midrange. That, in combination with neutral bass, did not seem appealing to me. This is how it compares to a VERY neutral ER4SR.

B784084E-5E54-4C7B-9319-736D0FA55C6F.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back