Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 12, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #5,626 of 11,979
Do Starfielders need the SSR?
Also, do Kxxsers need the SSR? :D

Short answer, no. However, the tuning is definitely different. Based just on the graphs thus far, I wouldn’t consider the SSR to be similar to the KXXS/Starfield/Kanas Pro. It‘s diffuse field neutral vs Harman (essentially). I think the SSR is gonna be exactly what it’s named....reference.

Jun 12, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #5,629 of 11,979
That linear bass is pure pleasure: dry, punchy, but never too much.

Moondrop SSR Bio corr.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #5,630 of 11,979
Anyone have thoughts on the starfield vs Fiio FH5?

Jun 13, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #5,636 of 11,979
This is a darn good earphone!

What stands out so far - after limited listening time -is:

1) Dry, linear, punchy kickass bass that is NOT overbearing. A great balance between quantity and quality.

2) Great spatial cues: really nice three-dimensionality.

5) No Chi-Fi peak...no overdone upper midrange.

Can this gentleman get a copy of this? It might blow his mind.

Can someone send this gentleman a sample of this one? It might blow his mind. Blessing-2-1024x490.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #5,637 of 11,979
Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Jun 13, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #5,640 of 11,979
It’s very exciting to see high quality, affordable, reference/neutrally tuned products come tor market, instead of only V-shaped IEMs. While I wouldn’t use one as my EDC, due to my personal preferences, it is now affordable enough for everyone to own one as an actual “reference”. Tin T2 Plus may also fall into this category.

Now, an approx. $50+/- single BA IEM with a neutral/reference tuning, and superb isolation, would be a real gem! Such a product could serve as the best affordable stage monitor. It would definitely have to be <$100, o/w it would be going up against Etymotic.
Edit: actually, I don’t how good the isolation of the SSR can be. Maybe it can already serve in this capacity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back