Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 25, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #3,707 of 11,979
Very nice . A8 army! My favorite IEM. Also very pretty and high quality built.

Probably the best “touch” I’ve experienced aside from the Campfire earpiece tanks.

Jul 26, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #3,709 of 11,979
20190726_100926_HDR.jpg
Unfortunately, a new addition to my KPE case because I'm scared of the condensation issue.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #3,710 of 11,979
$350 is after converting from US currency to Canadian currency, where i live.

Even any price close to $170 US is too much. That's like $220 in my currency. I'd rather stick to a cheaper earphone option like most people. :wink: $80 US or less. (Except for the Airheads that buy Airpods. :wink:
Sennheiser IE 40 PRO @ $129 CAD.

Jul 26, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #3,711 of 11,979
I thought it was odd how sparse reviews were when researching the Crescent. These shiny suckers mop the floor with my other <$50 chi-fi and it isn't particularly close. If they are really going out of production as I've seen rumored on here, that's a shame. Maybe a new Moondrop budget option will come out with similar performance.
Moondrop have a new, identical looking model in the "Aria"...but it costs more than twice as much as the Crescent.

P.S. Am presently inquiring with Moondrop whether the Crescent have been discontinued. If yes, then I have a great sounding collector's item.

PPS. Moondrop confirmed: Crescent have been discontinued.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #3,712 of 11,979
I had my kpe shelved for over a month now, shuffling between atlas , ex800 and e4000.

Just took it out today along with m0, and its a bliss, the bass is hard hitting, the mids are crystal clear and the sound stage is big, i definitely enjoy this more than e4000.

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #3,713 of 11,979

Unfortunately, a new addition to my KPE case because I'm scared of the condensation issue.
I have added "rechargeable" versions of desiccant packs to all of my IEM and DAP cases. They cost pennies and are thus very cheap insurance...

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #3,714 of 11,979
Hey guys.

I'm a happy owner of the KXXS and I just posted a quick PSA about my experience with them as a Review.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/moondrop-kxxs.23779/reviews#review-22420

Long story short, make sure you give them at least 48-72 hours of break-in before you seriously assess their SQ.

When I first got them, they sounded pretty harsh, but after the break-in, their sound improved dramatically!

Now I'm a happy little camper. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #3,715 of 11,979
@chickenmoon if you want to then try out the no.3 ti cable on the oxygen's it's a soundstage delight for me with soo much air and spaciousness which gives me that holographic feel that I was craving. Sadly this cable won't plug into my kpe's however I have a kxxs on the way soo that will be an interesting comparison to the oxygen's. Also I thought the no.3 TI's were really good aswell, everything is slightly better then the oxygen's imo apart from the midrange which sounds slightly more recessed with with less clarity due to a bit of midbass bleed.

Jul 28, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #3,717 of 11,979
@chickenmoon if you want to then try out the no.3 ti cable on the oxygen's it's a soundstage delight for me with soo much air and spaciousness which gives me that holographic feel that I was craving. Sadly this cable won't plug into my kpe's however I have a kxxs on the way soo that will be an interesting comparison to the oxygen's. Also I thought the no.3 TI's were really good aswell, everything is slightly better then the oxygen's imo apart from the midrange which sounds slightly more recessed with with less clarity due to a bit of midbass bleed.

I am having a Lyre cable from a spare KP on the Oxygen but I am itching getting the same cable as the No3 Ti for it just for the looks. They're not cheap though, £80 at best on Ali. I missed out on buying an used KxxS on eBay unfortunately but waiting for an old legendary Aurisonics Rockets to arrive, hopefully they are still in the league. :)

Jul 28, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #3,719 of 11,979
What do you mean my rechargeable? Are these the best option to stop condensation? It makes sense to keep them inside the case with iems when not in use.
As they absorb moisture their color changes from blue, to clear, to eventually pink. When they are pink you out them in a microwave and heat them up. This expels the moisture and they are ready to go again.

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #3,720 of 11,979
Nobody has said it here, but this is important to realize desiccant packs like silica gel are absolutely useless if they are not inside an airtight container/case.

Merely tossing desiccant packs into a conventional zipper case (not 100% sealed), for example, will do absolutely nothing to the average moisture level in the zipper case. The reason is that while the desiccant packs do absorb moisture, the moisture in the air around the case will replace the moisture absorbed about as fast as the absorption takes place.

Use the desiccant packs in an airtight container such as a Pelican case or even a sealed zip-lock bag, and you'll remove moisture from whatever is in the container. Using desiccant packs in a case that is not airtight, though, is a useless effort.

Another overkill option is using a hearing aid dryer. Like those options: 1 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back