Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 11, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #3,526 of 11,918
I've come to a conclusion. The Zishan is a great budget dap but the Cowon P2 is on a different level. It is a beautiful sounding dap. It has that high end sound like my Gustard. I can't believe I got it at that price. I read reviews saying it was neutral but it sounds warm and analog to me on the No.3.

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #3,530 of 11,918
the Kanas is a beast, it hits like a truck and can rumble the schiit out of you, keeping the mids and treble smooth and non fatiguing, i love that funny looking piece of metal
IMG_20190704_163222.jpg

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #3,531 of 11,918
The stock KPE tips are quite good, I'm not impressed with the lack of sizing though. Did everyone else get just 6 pairs, (2 pair large, 2 pair M, 2 pair S) only 3 different sizes in total?

Jul 12, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #3,535 of 11,918
Thought we agreed some time ago it had a thinnish mid bass or upper mids? Can’t remember now. But something wasn’t right. Did you mod it like @surfgeorge suggested with the tape?
No tape mod but I tried it. I like my KPE with custom nozzle filters more than tape-mod.
Did you measure or do you know where the measurement was posted?
I did measure my cable but don`t remember atm. Try thread serach. I think it was about 0.3 Ohm.
I was told that Kanas Pro is discontinued.
So, I have "rarity" now :)

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #3,536 of 11,918
So, what is the deal with the Kxxs’ nozzle? It apparently doesn’t have a ridge to prevent eartips from slipping off? This, after the Kanas Pro’s slimmer nozzle that would cause eartips to slide back. Moondrop seems to make nice IEMs with quality construction. Why can’t they figure out the basic requirements for eartips? Haha. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Kanas. I’m just a bit baffled how these things pass QA.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #3,538 of 11,918
So, what is the deal with the Kxxs’ nozzle? It apparently doesn’t have a ridge to prevent eartips from slipping off? This, after the Kanas Pro’s slimmer nozzle that would cause eartips to slide back. Moondrop seems to make nice IEMs with quality construction. Why can’t they figure out the basic requirements for eartips? Haha. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Kanas. I’m just a bit baffled how these things pass QA.
I don't know if it's a trend, but same for Spaceship.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #3,539 of 11,918
Just little note to those who are having proplems with Kanas/KPE tips sliding down the nozzle - Spinfit CP100 (S size in my case) provide very secure and tight seal/fit and hold really nice around nozzle. One thing though, I personally prefer slightly larger bore size of stock tips which along with slip-stop rings provide slightly (really small difference though) more pronounced/tight drums/mid-bass slam.
Want to try out CP500-S for sure due to larger bore size and nicely located "groove" for KPE nozzle.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #3,540 of 11,918

The ZS3 had the same flat nozzle and it was a disaster to me using tips that aren't that tight, a lot of annoyance due to tips getting stuck in my ears and I needed tweezers to remove it. Even cleaning my ears quite often eventually the nozzle gets slippery due to skin oil and glossy nozzle instead of a rugged one. So I needed to sand it down to remove the glossy layer and mod a lip using epoxy then it fixed everything... but 99% of the users aren't willing to mod especially when we are considering a $190 IEM. So, yeah kinda an unfortunate design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back