Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 20, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #3,226 of 11,977
3D printed this to protect my new toy:

Didn't trust the little velvet pouch in my bag.

Edit: If anyone wants one, or something similar, I would print it and ship it at cost for you, just PM me!

nice, but i would buy 2 micro fibre. one to cover the inside of the case so when the iem didn't rub aganst the plastic creating scratches.

the 2nd micro fibre is to wrab and make sure the iem didn't rub against each other.
Agree with this.

Despite I have 3D printing opportunity, I rather went with this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Alu...844.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4db7yXUX

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #3,227 of 11,977
Sounds good! I might cut and fit the foam they came in into the circle. That would keep them very safe I think! Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #3,229 of 11,977
I am stunned that you can get an iem that sounds as good as the kxxs for under $200. These sound almost as good as my NHB-108 clone through my cornwalls and that's no small feat.
Wich iem you mean

Jun 20, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #3,231 of 11,977
Moondrop A8 with Linsoul LSC-08 cable and Radstone es100
IMG_20190620_174311.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #3,233 of 11,977
I am stunned that you can get an iem that sounds as good as the kxxs for under $200. These sound almost as good as my NHB-108 clone through my cornwalls and that's no small feat.
Nice I understand the comparison, my KPEs remind me of the clean musical alive sound of my uncle's old La Scalas.
I may pick up a pair of the kxxs sometime to backup my KPEs. Then I can have one on the single ended original cable and one on the 2.5mm balanced Isn H16 16 core cable I have coming.

Jun 21, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #3,236 of 11,977
My set of the Kanas (regular edition) arrived today. I immediately cut the bores off a couple of small generic tips I'll never use and pushed them down around the nozzle before popping on the Spiral Dots. Then I started to run some audio to break them in. Initially, there was some unwanted emphasis on some of my more sibilant tracks. But after fiddling with the DAC filter settings (and maybe some further breaking-in) those "sss" and "ttt" got mercifully tamed down.

The Kanas is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for, which is essentially a more portable (easier to drive, less leaky, more securely fitting) companion to the Final Audio E5000. The technicalities and tuning are not quite the same. For the most part, the E5000 tops the Kanas in the major sound categories. But they're close enough to be a great duo. I can keep the E5000 at home and with my desktop set-up, and I can take the Kanas to the office or traveling, powered by just my DAP or phone, without feeling like I'm missing out.

Good stuff.

Jun 21, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #3,238 of 11,977
My set of the Kanas (regular edition) arrived today. I immediately cut the bores off a couple of small generic tips I'll never use and pushed them down around the nozzle before popping on the Spiral Dots. Then I started to run some audio to break them in. Initially, there was some unwanted emphasis on some of my more sibilant tracks. But after fiddling with the DAC filter settings (and maybe some further breaking-in) those "sss" and "ttt" got mercifully tamed down.

The Kanas is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for, which is essentially a more portable (easier to drive, less leaky, more securely fitting) companion to the Final Audio E5000. The technicalities and tuning are not quite the same. For the most part, the E5000 tops the Kanas in the major sound categories. But they're close enough to be a great duo. I can keep the E5000 at home and with my desktop set-up, and I can take the Kanas to the office or traveling, powered by just my DAP or phone, without feeling like I'm missing out.

Good stuff.
i am waiting for my Kanas and i have the E5000 too, it is my most used in ear because i am into doom metal the last couple of weeks, i hope for strong sub bass rumble from the Kanas, E5000 is great but they are more mid bassy

Jun 21, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #3,239 of 11,977
i am waiting for my Kanas and i have the E5000 too, it is my most used in ear because i am into doom metal the last couple of weeks, i hope for strong sub bass rumble from the Kanas, E5000 is great but they are more mid bassy

Yeah, early going the Kanas extends more into the lowest frequencies, where the E5000 rolls off a bit as it approaches that bottom octave. It's a pretty subtle difference though. I'm not like hardcore A/Bing, but I think the E5000 still has more articulate bass response when it comes to attack and decay. As a result, bass synth, bass guitar, and kick drums are more distinctive from one another, but again, it's not a huge difference.

I think you'll be happy if you're looking for similar listening experiences between the two! I'd be curious to know what others who've heard both think. It's crazy what kind of quality one can get in the sub $200 range nowadays. Even the E5000 is available on eBay for close to $200.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back