Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 16, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #3,152 of 11,979
dynamic ears 002 (1855).jpg

Since this is Moondrop thread, i feel i just better to put the comparison on Chifi thread.
Here the link for your convenience :

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1619#post-15011499

Jun 16, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #3,153 of 11,979
Jun 16, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #3,154 of 11,979
KXXS vs Kanas Pro
KXXS has fuller vocals and sounds more polite than the Kanas Pro. One major complaint I had with Kanas Pro was the thin sounding female vocals. I think the KXXS fixed this issue by fine tuning the harmonic frequencies in the higher frequency range because the vocal placement seems to be similar but female vocals sounds fuller. There is also more air and sparkle on the KXXS due to this change in tuning. However with the change in higher frequency also means that I tend to lower volume slightly when A/Bing the KXXS from the Kanas Pro and that made the bass feel more polite on the KXXS. Overall the KXXS and Kanas Pro resolution is very good, comparable to the Sennheiser IE 40 Pro, but is not it's strongest suit.

I found an interview with The Boss of This Thread (not my video, turn on English subtitles)

very interesting interview, so they will have other target in the feature products, Harman target will be in the past

Jun 16, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #3,157 of 11,979
I’m the guy who complained about the A8’s timbre. When I say the A8 sounds off, I mean relative to an real live performance. I still prefer the A8’s tonality and timbre to the Elex’s (drier, harsher and more distracting, muddier, more metallic and less sweet, lacking in treble detail), Sundara’s (lacking vocal weight, more sibilant, light on detail for a bright headphone), etc. Even the Andromeda has mushy treble and an unrealistic underwater-sounding timbre.

The A8 has the kind of tonally balanced, well-rounded sound that you can hand either to your local financially irresponsible hi-fi nerd or to your friend who thinks $50 earbuds are a total ripoff, and both of them will find it enjoyable for their own reasons. Personally, I’d advise appreciating what you already own rather than adding yet another high-end chi-fi IEM to your collection, but if you don’t feel that any of your current IEMs fill that niche, the A8 might work for you.
Thanks - am taking your very good advice and have canceled the A8 Drop purchase. This would have been a great IEM to listen to, but I do have a bunch of very good IEMs already and a couple more in the pipeline (DM7 and IMR R2). I need to pause from collecting mid-fi gear and actually enjoy what I have for a while. Of course, when the KXXS comes out, well...

Jun 16, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #3,161 of 11,979
Or u can just save up and get the ultimate chi fi like qdc anole VX

at the end of the day its your money.

A8 is an absolutely great buy, they are really well priced for what they give.

totl killer? no such thing IMO, so no. but still good value.

at the end is your choice, u rather spend $530 on a really great set. or save up for the totl stuff.

me personally more inclined for the latter than the former.

EDIT:

another advice:

try searching for used, they might have lower price so thats another good option to do.

used A8 goes for around $450 - $500 (even lower maybe if u checked at taobao)

if u search at taobao u can find aton of good deals even lower probably. some of the people i know found anole VX for $1500. its a fresh uni VX too with 3 months of use

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #3,162 of 11,979
Why not getting and
Thanks - am taking your very good advice and have canceled the A8 Drop purchase. This would have been a great IEM to listen to, but I do have a bunch of very good IEMs already and a couple more in the pipeline (DM7 and IMR R2). I need to pause from collecting mid-fi gear and actually enjoy what I have for a while. Of course, when the KXXS comes out, well...
Yes why are you not collecting your money for a hifi totl iem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back