Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #2,206 of 11,979
Ordered this from alie and after few weeks waiting they answered that they don't have it and already isn't available. So had to cancel order and money back. So left without good 2.5 cable for moondrop. Happy that you received it.
thank you bro, the cable is the same like stock but 2.5mm, in Penon they have it but is 40$, i got mine for 15$ during the sale, sorry that everything got sold out and you didn't receive your cable

Apr 15, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #2,207 of 11,979
i just got that cable for my KP, it fits perfectly, i am not sure about sound changes compared to the TRN 8 core, very comfortable to wear the earphones

Isn't that similar to default cable that comes with Kanas Pro?

Apr 15, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #2,208 of 11,979
IMG_20190415_222619.jpg
Isn't that similar to default cable that comes with Kanas Pro?
it is the same cable with different plug design, it has the same logo - lyre acoustics
fine wire for 15$, i wanted with mmcx conectors also but they sold them very fast

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #2,210 of 11,979
Share your thoughts of the KPEs with a balanced source when you can. I already find their holographic spacious imaging and channel and instrument separation amazing and I can only imagine it will improve with the balanced cable and source.
i was listening balanced from the beginning but with TRN 8 core wire(kind of heavy, a little bit uncomfortable), it sounds better balanced, the bass has better control, but i think the improvement is because of the bigger power from the output

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #2,211 of 11,979
thank you bro, the cable is the same like stock but 2.5mm, in Penon they have it but is 40$, i got mine for 15$ during the sale, sorry that everything got sold out and you didn't receive your cable
Yeah that price is really good, i also was able to order this price but sadly appeared that they actually was sold out. So no possibly i will order from penon because this cable is really nice ( i like a lot 3.5 version) an looks like it was made for kanas pro. Even at the price 40 dollars its worth to get 2.5 balanced version. Kanas really opens even more with balanced out with better power and better control.

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #2,212 of 11,979
Share your thoughts of the KPEs with a balanced source when you can. I already find their holographic spacious imaging and channel and instrument separation amazing and I can only imagine it will improve with the balanced cable and source.
Go get balanced version my advice. Kanas pro really deserves balanced using as it really likes more power and with my source m9 with balanced it really sounds noticable better ( even with cheap 7 dollar cable). More punch on the lows, more wider spacier soundstage, better control in all directions. So this is clear upgrade. Don't know how it will work with other sources but i think every way it will be upgrade in sound :wink: so worth additional investment.

Apr 16, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #2,213 of 11,979
i just got that cable for my KP, it fits perfectly, i am not sure about sound changes compared to the TRN 8 core, very comfortable to wear the earphones
For my ears, stock cable 2-pin connector is littlebit short and could be more wide-angle. So, I changed connectors to these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1Pa...880.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.43974c4d9GqYMu
Much better now!
Go get balanced version my advice. Kanas pro really deserves balanced using as it really likes more power and with my source m9 with balanced it really sounds noticable better ( even with cheap 7 dollar cable). More punch on the lows, more wider spacier soundstage, better control in all directions. So this is clear upgrade. Don't know how it will work with other sources but i think every way it will be upgrade in sound :wink: so worth additional investment.
Sounds like description of my 3.5mm unbalanced... though, I have plenty of mA/V to share @ high gain with DX5X :p

Apr 16, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #2,214 of 11,979
Anyone compared KPE with Oriolus MK2? I heard so many good words about japanese IEMs but dont know if these are worth 4x times more money (KPE sound right in most areas). What to expect from Oriolus comparing to KPE?

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #2,218 of 11,979
Any of you folks able to compare the Kanas Pro to the MH755? Based on the measurements I've seen I can imagine they sound somewhat similar, and I would also imagine that the Kanas Pro is a bit more refined.
KPE is way more detailed, accurate and revealing. Though, MH755 is also very enjoyable as they both are tuned towards to harman target curve. If You have no money for KPE, go and get legit MH775, recable it and forget about other IEMs - they are very good :wink:

Apr 16, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #2,219 of 11,979
Apr 16, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #2,220 of 11,979
KPE is way more detailed, accurate and revealing. Though, MH755 is also very enjoyable as they both are tuned towards to harman target curve. If You have no money for KPE, go and get legit MH775, recable it and forget about other IEMs - they are very good :wink:

Yeah, I've got an MMCX modded MH755 and enjoy it quite a bit for what it is. I use it for my more modern, less-well-mastered music and my ER4XR for... everything else.

Thanks for posting crin's measurements of the KP, I've actually been waiting a bit for those. They do indeed measure similarly to the MH755: slightly less subbass and a bit more 2-4k seem to be the bigger points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back