Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 8, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #931 of 11,979
Here are shots of my new preeeeeecious:

9939643_l.jpg

9939642_l.jpg

This is currently getting position as my personal TOTL IEM ....they are THAT good! I have already unsubscribed from several threads and reading different music threads and enjoying music, full-heartedly, not thinking about SQ and FR graphs, just pure joy! ;P

Feb 8, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #932 of 11,979

9939643_l.jpg

9939642_l.jpg

This is currently getting position as my personal TOTL IEM ....they are THAT good! I have already unsubscribed from several threads and reading different music threads and enjoying music, full-heartedly, not thinking about SQ and FR graphs, just pure joy! ;P
they will get even better with some miles to them, enjoy

Feb 8, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #933 of 11,979

9939643_l.jpg

9939642_l.jpg

Agreed. These are without a doubt my favorite audio purchase ever. I’ve stopped looking at gear and have instead been enjoying the music!

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #935 of 11,979
deadhead12 , how is the synergy between kanas pro and Fiio M9 Dap?

I don’t think I can really answer that. My only sources are the M9 and Walnut v2. I much prefer the M9 with the KP, but were talking about a $300 dap vs a $30 dap. I’m not in a position to say that the M9 works/sounds any better than any other dap in it’s price range.

When I’m listening to the M9/KP together what strikes me the most is the eveness of the whole presentation. The tonal balance, imaging, and instrument separation are all excellent. The soundstage is wide for an IEM, although I would like a tad more depth. I’m not sure if more depth is a realistic ask, but that’s the only area I find myself wishing was just a bit better. Most recently I listened to Jeff Buckley’s Grace and Radiohead’s Kid A, and besides enjoying the hell out both albums I felt like I was hearing everything as intended. Kid A has a lot going on and I could clearly hear all the weird electronic stuff going on in the background.

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #936 of 11,979
I don’t think I can really answer that. My only sources are the M9 and Walnut v2. I much prefer the M9 with the KP, but were talking about a $300 dap vs a $30 dap. I’m not in a position to say that the M9 works/sounds any better than any other dap in it’s price range.

When I’m listening to the M9/KP together what strikes me the most is the eveness of the whole presentation. The tonal balance, imaging, and instrument separation are all excellent. The soundstage is wide for an IEM, although I would like a tad more depth. I’m not sure if more depth is a realistic ask, but that’s the only area I find myself wishing was just a bit better. Most recently I listened to Jeff Buckley’s Grace and Radiohead’s Kid A, and besides enjoying the hell out both albums I felt like I was hearing everything as intended. Kid A has a lot going on and I could clearly hear all the weird electronic stuff going on in the background.
Love the bassline in "how to disappear completely", wondering how you find the mids in the KPE.
"

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #937 of 11,979
I don`t know if they are made exactly for my ears but Creative HS-930i ultra wide bore silicone tips do same wonders with Kanas Pro as with modded IT01.
I think they take better shape inside ear-canal because they are very soft (softer than Auvio S) and the rounded edge of tip seems to smooth out "resonances".
Also they seem to provide tinybit "harder hit" from kickin bass/contrabass and percussion, which with modded IT01 seemed to be tinybit better at first.
Those spacer rings also help to push more against ear-canal walls and keep the rounded shape at back part of tip.
Here is pic how I use them with KP, spacer rings under tip:
9939646_l.jpg

Who has those tips - highly recommend to try it out :wink: I think I will stick with these.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #941 of 11,979
Got a confession to make. I spent last night in bed with a whole lot of dudes...Kate Bush, Steven Wilson, John Martyn, Carole King, Bon Iver, Moby, Jeff Buckley and Steely Dan...and KPE's.
And woooaaah! These things are really opening up. If you haven't listened to '50 Words for Snow'...try it out, Kate's voice is sublime. And John Martyn's track 'One World'...just beautiful with the KPE's.
I take back everything I said. They sound really balanced and transparent, with enough hit where necessary now. I've started to reduce the volume quite a bit and the KP's really respond to that.

Sent back my E5000's. No need..they don't add anything.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #943 of 11,979
Hi SED,

Could you compare KPEs with others?

(64Audio U18 Tzar , Noble Katana, Campfire Andromeda, Sennheiser IE800S)
The standard edition I have has impressive tuning and articulation at this price point and deserves recognition.
Even though for most sane people we seem like we're splitting hairs, those other IEMs really are special (but you are paying for that). If I ever did a comparison, I would select different candidates.

Feb 9, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #945 of 11,979
The standard edition I have has impressive tuning and articulation at this price point and deserves recognition.
Even though for most sane people we seem like we're splitting hairs, those other IEMs really are special (but you are paying for that). If I ever did a comparison, I would select different candidates.

different candidates.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back