Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 5, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #841 of 11,918
I'm thoroughly enjoying my Moondrop Crescent, they definitely win all of my budget earphones like Tin audio T2, KZ Zst, Zs3 you get the idea.
They just sound like what music should sound, I don't find anything weird about them, in fact I subconsciously reach for them a little more than my DM6's because they are that good.
It has good isolation too but the nozzles are big and finding the right tips will take some time.

I'd definitely recommend the crescent to anyone thats on a budget, unless you like very little bass in your music then go for the T2's but the T2's I could never fit well in my ears.

Comes with a beautiful box too its insane what you can get for around 30usd nowadays. I was on a IEM spree during the Ostry KC06a and Havi B3 pro era and the Crescent presents a whole new level of what budget earphones can sound.

I currently own the Dm6, Kinera IDun and Crescent from this era of hype trains and the blessings definitely stand in the same leagues as the other 2.
It is unfortunate I neither have audiophile ears nor am articulate in describing audio but I enjoy things that just sound nice and the Crescent is pushing me to purchase the KPE's to see how much better nice can sound :)

Feb 5, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #842 of 11,918
I'm thoroughly enjoying my Moondrop Crescent, they definitely win all of my budget earphones like Tin audio T2, KZ Zst, Zs3 you get the idea.
They just sound like what music should sound, I don't find anything weird about them, in fact I subconsciously reach for them a little more than my DM6's because they are that good.
It has good isolation too but the nozzles are big and finding the right tips will take some time.

I'd definitely recommend the crescent to anyone thats on a budget, unless you like very little bass in your music then go for the T2's but the T2's I could never fit well in my ears.

Comes with a beautiful box too its insane what you can get for around 30usd nowadays. I was on a IEM spree during the Ostry KC06a and Havi B3 pro era and the Crescent presents a whole new level of what budget earphones can sound.

I currently own the Dm6, Kinera IDun and Crescent from this era of hype trains and the blessings definitely stand in the same leagues as the other 2.
It is unfortunate I neither have audiophile ears nor am articulate in describing audio but I enjoy things that just sound nice and the Crescent is pushing me to purchase the KPE's to see how much better nice can sound :)
Crescent are so good that the Kanas (not pro) are probably better, but not that much better...
30usd in literally nothing for that good stuff.

Feb 5, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #843 of 11,918
Does anyone have Crescent FR graph to share?

Feb 5, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #844 of 11,918
Do you have a graph that shows your peak experience line? :wink:

No but I could draw you a pie chart in Microsoft Paint...if that helps? :)

Feb 5, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #846 of 11,918
Hi guys. My favorite sound is Zs5v1. The following sound definitions fit me and I find many of them on zs5.

Airy, Ambience, Analytical, Articulate, Breathy, Crisp, Detailed, Fast Focus, Naturalness, İmaging, Soundstage: deep, high and wide.

Does kpe meet these definitions? How similar to of ZS5 v1 sound?

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #847 of 11,918
Hi guys. My favorite sound is Zs5v1. The following sound definitions fit me and I find many of them on zs5.
Airy, Ambience, Analytical, Articulate, Breathy, Crisp, Detailed, Fast Focus, Naturalness, İmaging, Soundstage: deep, high and wide.
Does kpe meet these definitions? How similar to of ZS5 v1 sound?
Will answer You from my side at the end of week hopefully. I also love ZS5v1 (properly amped).

Feb 5, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #848 of 11,918
New Moondrop fan here. Listening to Kanas Pro and impressed so far. Two questions:

1. What is Your experience with burning in process of KPE?
2. What tips are You recommend besides stock ones?

Thanks!

1, Will have over 100 hours by tomorrow. I haven't noticed a huge change but then I thought they sounded superb out of the box. I'll have a proper listen again soon
2, I can't explain why but I almost always end up using KZ foam tips. (Cheap as chips on Aliexpress) For me they seem to work great - slight softening of highs but tend to keep all the other frequencies respectfully as they are

KZ-Original-3Pair40.jpg

Feb 5, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #849 of 11,918
1, Will have over 100 hours by tomorrow. I haven't noticed a huge change but then I thought they sounded superb out of the box. I'll have a proper listen again soon
2, I can't explain why but I almost always end up using KZ foam tips. (Cheap as chips on Aliexpress) For me they seem to work great - slight softening of highs but tend to keep all the other frequencies respectfully as they are

IMHO foam tips are the best for fit. But they softening trebles yes, and get rid of mid extension and air. Ive been comparing tips last time, A-B ing lot of tips.
for me JVC spiral dots still hold the best sound, they made bass more round and tight, and reducing mid bass bleed, keep mid clear and open up soundstage a bit. Some maybe feel they reducing bass a bit, but actually i think its clearing the bass.

auvio is good too but hard to get, symbio W also not bad.
for foam, i like that ball type foam instead of kz or comply cone shape.

just re sharing my link for JVC spiral dots + foam hybrid, additional fit & isolation for spiral dots but keep sound as good as possible. Here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/best-iem-tips.626895/page-27#post-14711620

Feb 5, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #850 of 11,918
I've been trying loads of tips...symbio (not sure they're W peel), spiral dots, many foam types and sizes that I have hanging around...including Jon's KZ's and some QKZ's which are usually great...and I just can't calm what I think is a very hot treble, to my ears at least (maybe I'm treble sensitive)...or bring any sense of bloom or richness/thickness to the tone where I've heard it before in songs.
Has anyone listened to Amber Rubarth's binaural, 'Sessions from the 17th Ward'? Her voice can be a bit shrill with incapable IEMs...and I'm afraid, for me, she very much is with the KP's.
Take a bit of driving too don't they?
If anyone's interested in taking them off me, I'm listening. Sad, as they're very revealing and open...but I just know these aren't for, shall we say, more mature ears :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #851 of 11,918
Guys, how does DM6 compared to Blessing?

Feb 5, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #855 of 11,918
Just remove the foam centre of th Symbio tips.
Thanks for the advice...but do you really think that would deepen the sig? Doesn’t that just make it like a spiral dot type thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back