Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 23, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #616 of 11,979
Thanks for the info, I found the bass on the e4000 a bit much and the e5000 doesn't quite as much as those so the KP could be the way forward

Jan 23, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #618 of 11,979
Anybody compare to ibasso it01?

if you meant IT01s a lot of us have been through same boat, critical decision before buy 1 of them, add in DM6 also as contender. For myself i go with KPE, still in waiting game now.
If you are referring to IT01 (first 01, without s) of course KPE beats it, different league (KPE also pricier)

Jan 23, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #620 of 11,979
Got my balanced cable tonight, now it will be a fair comparison between the kpe and ex1k for me. I have to admit, the more I listen to the kpe, the less I miss the ex1k. But, I'm still in early new toy territory, so we shall see. Just to clarify, I dont think either one is technically better than the other right now overall. Just different presentations of the music, both are very revealing in different ways. Anyhow, glad I got this cable so quick, seems great quality for 27 bucks . 0123192033.jpg

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #621 of 11,979
Got my balanced cable tonight, now it will be a fair comparison between the kpe and ex1k for me. I have to admit, the more I listen to the kpe, the less I miss the ex1k. But, I'm still in early new toy territory, so we shall see. Just to clarify, I dont think either one is technically better than the other right now overall. Just different presentations of the music, both are very revealing in different ways. Anyhow, glad I got this cable so quick, seems great quality for 27 bucks .

looks like a great value cable. How did you get your balanced cable for ex1000? custom made with sony ex connector? or just mmcx with adapter?
wow cant wait for my KPE. so crazy if they can be on par with TOTL quality.

Jan 24, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #622 of 11,979
For those of you who have had the KPE for a while - if you could have one thing changed about their sound, what would that be?

Jan 24, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #623 of 11,979
For those of you who have had the KPE for a while - if you could have one thing changed about their sound, what would that be?
Rather than one thing, i'll just list a few for the sake of it.
-Better imaging
-slightly wider soundstage
-very minor reduction in mid-fowardness (track dependant)
-tiny bit more midbass thump
-less s-consonant sibilance in certain vocals

Just my personal findings and all of which i hope will be a reality in the upcoming Amadeus lol.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #624 of 11,979
bad audio reviews guy has DAP s for thousands of dollars and he prefers the KP by a large margin (IT01S is not even in his top 5) what that means? preference
Yeah, for what it`s worth, I seem to agree rather with HBGGA impressions than Jamato8 impressions, which imho is on subjective preference side. Jmo.

Jan 24, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #625 of 11,979
Rather than one thing, i'll just list a few for the sake of it.
-Better imaging
-slightly wider soundstage
-very minor reduction in mid-fowardness (track dependant)
-tiny bit more midbass thump
-less s-consonant sibilance in certain vocals

Just my personal findings and all of which i hope will be a reality in the upcoming Amadeus lol.
Imaging seems to be the Achilles heels of these budget offerings. Hope they can catch-up in a few years.
Any luck in restoring the shine of your KP? I'm kicking myself for not getting the regular Kanas.

Jan 24, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #626 of 11,979
Imaging seems to be the Achilles heels of these budget offerings. Hope they can catch-up in a few years.
Any luck in restoring the shine of your KP? I'm kicking myself for not getting the regular Kanas.
The points i mentioned are at most, me nitpicking. I truly enjoy the Kpros for what it is. As for the aesthetic issue, the best i could do was make the texture smooth, but the corrosion(?), is still there. Not much i can do, but i can live with it.

Jan 24, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #627 of 11,979
The points i mentioned are at most, me nitpicking. I truly enjoy the Kpros for what it is. As for the aesthetic issue, the best i could do was make the texture smooth, but the corrosion(?), is still there. Not much i can do, but i can live with it.
industrial-steam-punk aesthetic mod? :D

Jan 24, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #628 of 11,979
Jan 24, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #629 of 11,979
Small tip (no pun intended), I recommend purchasing the:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ml?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.4.18972c91Anye7O

Used the New Bee foam tips from Amazon at first and thought "Sounds great. Treble is a bit sucked out" but once I switched to the silicone tips from Aliexpress, sounds noticeably cleaner and clearer. I just feel dumb now for buying so many foam tips when I just had to buy some silicone tips that fit (the stock ones did not).

Jan 24, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #630 of 11,979
KP is exceptional with electronic music, i am a big fan of old drum and bass (Paradox) and they sound as good as it gets

So if I mainly listen to drum and bass (like you, paradox, seba, old jungle etc) and dub techno the Kanas Pro would be the way to go? I heard the regular Kanas have a elevated bass making them more suitable for electronic music.

Also does anyone know how these compare to the Sony XBA-N3? That's what I'm using right now, but their treble is just too much for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back