Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 15, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #421 of 11,979
I'm hoping to surprise him with an equivalent or perhaps better replacement pair of in-ears preferably with a different sound signature.

Yes, this is it. :)

Jan 15, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #422 of 11,979
@surfgeorge Hope your customized tips fit well! For the cable, I'm considering just getting a 16 core NiceHCK High Purity Copper cable instead. XD

@SybilLance It's from Techshop28, https://shopee.ph/Kabutips-Silicone-Memory-Foam-Hybrid-Eartips-Medium1-pair-i.16685303.1692302719 They only have limited stock, that they replenish every now and then. Haha, please don't buy em all out, as I'm still asking them about their Spiral Dots if they have other sizes aside from Large, which, if they have, I'll include in my order.
I'll try the Kabutips and now that you've mentioned them, the Spiral Dots. I'll only need the M and L sizes, one for each. Thanks!
:kissing_heart: :smile_phones:

Jan 15, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #423 of 11,979
@surfgeorge Hope your customized tips fit well! For the cable, I'm considering just getting a 16 core NiceHCK High Purity Copper cable instead. XD

@SybilLance It's from Techshop28, https://shopee.ph/Kabutips-Silicone-Memory-Foam-Hybrid-Eartips-Medium1-pair-i.16685303.1692302719 They only have limited stock, that they replenish every now and then. Haha, please don't buy em all out, as I'm still asking them about their Spiral Dots if they have other sizes aside from Large, which, if they have, I'll include in my order.

I've tried a few till now: MandarinEs Symbio N, Azla edna, RHA, Spiral dots and Final Audio E tips. I like the Spiral dots the most and after that one the Final Audio E.

Jan 15, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #425 of 11,979
I've tried a few till now: MandarinEs Symbio N, Azla edna, RHA, Spiral dots and Final Audio E tips. I like the Spiral dots the most and after that one the Final Audio E.
Yeah, the Final Audio E tips are what's on my BGVP DMG, even though I got a few tips afterwards. Locally, there's only one store that sells the Spiral Dots, and they are sized L. In some other thread, the size of the Spiral Dots are 1 size up over Spin Fits, so I'm worried about it... do you think a Spiral Dot L is too big a difference to say a Final Audio E M?

Jan 15, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #426 of 11,979
Yeah, the Final Audio E tips are what's on my BGVP DMG, even though I got a few tips afterwards. Locally, there's only one store that sells the Spiral Dots, and they are sized L. In some other thread, the size of the Spiral Dots are 1 size up over Spin Fits, so I'm worried about it... do you think a Spiral Dot L is too big a difference to say a Final Audio E M?

Yeah I guess so!
I wear Final Audio tip size S and for Spiral dots I use size MS

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #427 of 11,979
A few hours of testing the Kanas Pro, and I've come to the conclusion that I like the sound, feels so much cleaner(bass) and more detailed(all throughout) than the BGVP DMG, but the BGVP DMG is just soooo much more comfortable in wearing.

I started with the CP240 Spinfits, changed to foam after a few minutes because it started becoming uncomfortable (I'm not used to twin flange). From new bee foam, I switched around to some generic wide bore, to CP145 Spinfits, AET 07, Final E Tips because I kept needing to put it in and out at work. Ended up with using AET 07 the rest of the time as it provided the best fit/comfort. The nozzle on the KPE is a bit long, but you aren't supposed to push the tips as deep as you can on the nozzle. There's a small ridge where the tip should rest, and I found that making sure the tip only extended that far helped with getting a good seal. I really do need to get me some more tips to switch around with... I'll try it with some locally available hybrid foam-sillicon (named Kabutips) tips, and after that, I'll try buying some Spiral Dots / Mamdarines from ebay (last resort as that'll take at least a month).

The worse part was dealing with the preformed hooks, as they kept staying at a weird angle, and hitting my glasses, which would then affect the fit of the ear tip when I do small movements.

Has anyone who owned the KPE cable attempted to cut away the preform sheath? I don't like putting blades near wires, as I'm always scared the wire might get accidentally cut, but I'm sorely tempted to do it to the KPE cable because aside from the preform hooks, the rest of the cable is really really nice.
I have found the UE900 tips in Green (L) work very well for me with the KP. Very soft and comfortable while providing a perfect fit for me.

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #428 of 11,979
There is a new finishing for the moondrop crescent and I jumped on it.
Clavinetjunkie did a sound demo on youtube and it convinced me to try out the most affordable pair of Moondrops.

Attachments

• crescent.png
    crescent.png
    558.3 KB · Views: 0
  • crescent.png
    crescent.png
    558.3 KB · Views: 0
Jan 15, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #429 of 11,979
There is a new finishing for the moondrop crescent and I jumped on it.
Clavinetjunkie did a sound demo on youtube and it convinced me to try out the most affordable pair of Moondrops.
I have them (and even Kanas and Aria btw) you will not be disappointed (if you find a correct pair of tips: I had a hard time with the original ones).

Jan 15, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #431 of 11,979
Wait seriously? Everywhere I looked they said the cable was a 2pin .78? Is it really a MMCX?
Which do you prefer?
It's a 0.78 2 pin, not mmcx

Jan 15, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #432 of 11,979
Wait seriously? Everywhere I looked they said the cable was a 2pin .78? Is it really a MMCX?
Which do you prefer?

Its 2 pin, for whatever dumb reason I thought they were mmcx, I didnt pay attention apparently!

Jan 15, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #434 of 11,979

I got my custom tips today - wow, that was quick! Impressions Friday, dropped off the Kanas last night and today at 5 I picked them up.
Great to have a local professional!

Spent an hour of testing and comparing.
Out of the non-custom tips I also liked the spiral dots the best, when I get a good seal. With a tiny little pressure on the IEMS they have a full bass and clear and balanced rest of the spectrum. They are also very comfortable, but I can’t get them to fit securely, they slip very easily. Also tried with the memory foam of the Mandarines, but didn’t help and reduced comfort.
The other tips were less comfortable and thinner sounding. Pressing them gently against the ear canal helped though.

The customs sound like the spiral dots.
Gentle pressure makes almost no difference, they are alrady full sounding when seated properly.
Comfort is a slightly mixed bag, generally they feel good, but I am not used to have anything sticking that deep inside my ears! I also need to position them well and even then I had a little pressure first on the right side, then the right side was fine and I had it on the left... i guess I have to get used to it.
But the KPEs are seated securely and the sound is good, so for me it’s “mission accomplished”! Now lets enjoy the music :)
9B141FBA-32D6-409D-BDBD-1373BB3675EE.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #435 of 11,979
I used to demo the kc-07 back then for a bit (using the hidizs usb-c dongle). The Kpe is a bit more forward and slightly fuller to my ears. Just my 2 cents of course, because the Kpe to my ears right now, especially vocals is close to unbeatable in this price bracket. I thought the ATH-CKR100 (demo unit) did vocals really well (except for the atrocious sibilance on poor recordings) but the Kpe is a step above. If you prioritise vocals (both male and female), the Kpe will be far from disappointing but as always, YMMV.
Thanks ever so much this was really helpful. I might just ask the Ali store to replace the kc07 with these then as they cost the same price. Just to clarify are you sure you demoed the new ostry kc07? Because I don't think it's been out for that long and you said you demoed it back then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back