Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 12, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #11,026 of 11,979
Thank you for your reply. I´m not really the heaviest basshead but the Tin T2 is (other then when I use it through the equalizer in MIUI where you do a listening test and it adjustes to your individual ears hearing ability accordingly) almost a bit too light on the bass so I´d like something with just a bit more bass for the times when I listen through the computer and other devices, and also to have a pair of EIMs where i don´t have to have the foam ear-tips to get a decent bass. :)

Tin T2 (original) has quite marked sub-bass roll off. I would call its sub-bass quantity as anemic even. So, it is not difficult to find other budget sets that have more bass than the T2 actually.

Though in general, Moondrop tuning is not basshead per se, but I think the Chu should still have more bass than the T2; this is based on store provided graphs.

Capture3.JPG

I think not many of us here have gotten the Chu yet, so best to wait for first adopter impressions and reviews.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #11,027 of 11,979
Tin T2 (original) has quite marked sub-bass roll off. I would call its sub-bass quantity as anemic even. So, it is not difficult to find other budget sets that have more bass than the T2 actually.

Though in general, Moondrop tuning is not basshead per se, but I think the Chu should still have more bass than the T2; this is based on store provided graphs.

Capture3.JPG

I think not many of us here have gotten the Chu yet, so best to wait for first adopter impressions and reviews.
Thank you again for all the info, I will do as you say and wait for some reviews. :)

Apr 12, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #11,028 of 11,979

Capture3.JPG

By the way, how's the Blon BL 03? Is it more of a basshead IEM or does it have more of a slightly elevated bass (which would be more my taste)? I'll stop with all the questions after this one. I just thought I'd seize the opportunity when I have someone with as much knowledge and expericence as you have to ask. :)

Apr 12, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #11,029 of 11,979
By the way, how's the Blon BL 03? Is it more of a basshead IEM or does it have more of a slightly elevated bass (which would be more my taste)? I'll stop with all the questions after this one. I just thought I'd seize the opportunity when I have someone with as much knowledge and expericence as you have to ask. :)

The BL-03 is harmanish tuned with a mid-bass boost. The bass is quite north of neutral, but just a level or two shy of true basshead levels. Unfortunately, the bass quality isn't the best, it is quite boomy and slow.

BL-03 has excellent tonality and timbre but has sub-par technicalities (imaging, instrument separation, details), and the fit is a big bugbear (due to the too short stock nozzle). Many folk need to find aftermarket longer nozzle tips or do mods to make it fit well, so this adds to costs.

So the BL-03 is better for slower genres with more acoustic instruments. It doesn't fare that well for complex music arrangements with lots of competing riffs. I guess if your EDM tracks aren't that complex, the BL-03 may do okay.

Apr 12, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #11,030 of 11,979
Any new products that you guys are interested in for product tour?

Unfortunately we lost part of our touring IEM samples last month and got the touring crippled.
However our loss is your gain, we’ll ship some new demo units to US again.

Please suggest some more stuff for us to sent, thank you.

Hi,

Any chance you have samples touring Europe? Now that would be very interesting.

Kato, B2D, Variations, S8

I’m sure Europe is also an interesting market for you.

Apr 12, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #11,031 of 11,979
Hi guys, quick question regarding the Quarks.

Can any of you confirm if both housing of the quarks are supposed to have the metallic grate/covering? just wanted to know if i was sent a bad product as only the right one has it, while the left only has some kind of black sponge material. Sound quality is still good though. I love the earphones and currently my favorite together with Final E3000 as both don't cause me ear fatigues.

Thanks.

Apr 12, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #11,032 of 11,979
Hey fellow Moondrop owners! I am a little late to the party having just upgraded to the Kato from the Aria, but like they say better late than never. So far what I am hearing with the Kato, it's definitely a solid upgrade from the Aria and the engagement is through the roof. The Kato really are an upgrade in every way possible and are a fantastic iem. I am only using them with my Samsung S10+ at the moment and the Kato are sounding incredible. I have a Cayin RU6 arriving today, and can't wait to hear the Kato scale. :ksc75smile: Moondrop really nailed it out of the park with the Kato, and the packaging, cable and Spring tips are all first class, and very impressive for coming in under $200.

Well done Moondrop!

Apr 13, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #11,036 of 11,979
All I ever bought are the KZ IEMs (ZSN PRO, ZS10 PRO, ZSX and recently DQ6 which is the worst), does that graph mean it is better than KZ IEMs? and the CHU driver?

The graph is only a general idea of the balance of sound. KZ IEMs tend to have a much larger bass presence than what the graph suggests the Chu has and they are often far from neutral in other areas too. Beyond the graph there are more subjective qualities of the driver (technicalities and timbre) that only people who have heard the Chu can comment on. Crinacle has a copy of the Chu in hand and I hope he sheds some light on it soon.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #11,037 of 11,979
The graph is only a general idea of the balance of sound. KZ IEMs tend to have a much larger bass presence than what the graph suggests the Chu has and they are often far from neutral in other areas too. Beyond the graph there are more subjective qualities of the driver (technicalities and timbre) that only people who have heard the Chu can comment on. Crinacle has a copy of the Chu in hand and I hope he sheds some light on it soon.
yeah I'm also waiting for reviews, since I only have DQ6 now and looking for a better IEM with a limited budget.

Apr 13, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #11,038 of 11,979
I also think kz have much larger bass presence too that's why I bought kz zas over moondrop aria.

Apr 13, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #11,039 of 11,979
yeah I'm also waiting for reviews, since I only have DQ6 now and looking for a better IEM with a limited budget.

Won't be long until the reviews are out. What don't you like about the DQ6?

Apr 13, 2022 at 4:16 AM Post #11,040 of 11,979
Won't be long until the reviews are out. What don't you like about the DQ6?
Too much bass and torturing treble and I mostly listen Metal genres. I have Fiio M3K, if I EQ treble then I have to compromise with mids/vocals and guitars which I prefer more than bass and details.
Because I love T3 Plus so much and I have limited budget I request Tin hifi on Aliexpress to sell T3 Plus for $45 but they say they can't. Maybe CHU then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back