Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 28, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #8,416 of 11,977
I wanted to complement the Variations with DUNU DUW02 2-pin cable, so does this mean it is a bad idea?
Seems like the concern is repeated insertion/removal of the 2-pin connector. If you're only swapping the Dunu cable once and keeping it attached, I don't think you'll have an issue. Fwiw, the 2-pin connectors on my B2 are still rather tight after a couple months of ownership. I think it was a design choice to avoid overly loose connectors and they just overcompensated.

Jun 28, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #8,418 of 11,977
Don't think they will be losen enough it is the plastic surrounding them being too brittle. Already contacted seller and will send back tomorrow.... Sigh...
It takes time maybe, my blessing2s were one of the toughest pin to pull (besides Mangird Tea), buy now it’s as smooth as regular pins.
So swappable modulated end finish on Variations is something very welcoming, it can be swapped to 3.5mm SE to balanced options without in need to damaging pin connectors.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #8,419 of 11,977
It takes time maybe, my blessing2s were one of the toughest pin to pull (besides Mangird Tea), buy now it’s as smooth as regular pins.
So swappable modulated end finish on Variations is something very welcoming, it can be swapped to 3.5mm SE to balanced options without in need to damaging pin connectors.
I actually bought the same cable for my B2 Dusk a couple months back and love it. It's not the best cable but having it not heavy and able to swap ends is awesome without having to remove the cable from the IEM. Glad the Variations come with this in stock form. They should start including this cable with the S8s

Jun 28, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #8,420 of 11,977
I actually bought the same cable for my B2 Dusk a couple months back and love it. It's not the best cable but having it not heavy and able to swap ends is awesome without having to remove the cable from the IEM. Glad the Variations come with this in stock form. They should start including this cable with the S8s
Talking about cables that aren't heavy:

balanced-s.jpg

https://www.linum.dk/products/linum-balanced/

I've had the pleasure of testing out the Etymotic Evo, which uses a similar cable. Closest thing to "legitimately weightless" I've come across yet for a cable. Looks ridiculously thin, but is very strong. Linum knows what they're doing.

Jun 28, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #8,421 of 11,977
Jun 28, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #8,422 of 11,977
Talking about cables that aren't heavy:

balanced-s.jpg

https://www.linum.dk/products/linum-balanced/

I've had the pleasure of testing out the Etymotic Evo, which uses a similar cable. Closest thing to "legitimately weightless" I've come across yet for a cable. Looks ridiculously thin, but is very strong. Linum knows what they're doing.
definitely not apples to apples but yeah they seem like awesome cables. I might have to pass on cables that cost almost the same as my IEM :)

Jun 28, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #8,424 of 11,977
I would agree at 199 Euro a pop they know what they are doing
Definitely not cheap, but I can't find a single fault in their build quality and the materials they chose line up with the price point imo.
definitely not apples to apples but yeah they seem like awesome cables. I might have to pass on cables that cost almost the same as my IEM :)
Of course not, but it's a light-and-thin cable with amazing tensile strength. Some people are into that, so I figured it's worth a mention.

Jun 28, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #8,425 of 11,977
Mind taking some pictures of the sockets of the Moondrops you have so I can have some ideas whether they have used the wrong material with the Variations?

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #8,427 of 11,977
Mind taking some pictures of the sockets of the Moondrops you have so I can have some ideas whether they have used the wrong material with the Variations?
32FED3EF-E3E4-45C3-BC9F-DBF9D8325F51.jpeg

Design looks same, oh wait I think my blessing2 has crack too when zoomed in! No wonder it’s not as dead tight as the beginning.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #8,428 of 11,977
Design looks same, oh wait I think my blessing2 has crack too when zoomed in! No wonder it’s not as dead tight as the beginning.
Hey I don't count that as burning-in of the sockets! Transparent plastic parts should be a little better as they are usually less brittle but it is totally another case with black plastic!I really say good luck with your variations...

20210628_164528.jpg

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #8,429 of 11,977
Hey I don't count that as burning-in of the sockets! Transparent plastic parts should be a little better as they are usually less brittle but it is totally another case with black plastic!I really say good luck with your variations...

20210628_164528.jpg
😨😇😇😇 that’s cracked with no mistake

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #8,430 of 11,977
Would you say there's variations on the way these are cracking?

I couldn't help it. I'm sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back