Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 29, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #7,261 of 11,979
I won't pretend to understand the details of everything you say here, but I feel like I understand your general points. And yeah, everything I've read about the Blessing 2 from a bunch of different sources all suggest that I won't run into issues. I only have very slight reservations about the Dusk version. It's not like BL03 where I'm basically just like 'not for me.' I'm probably leaning slightly toward Dusk at this point. Realistically, I might just flip a coin when I get my stimulus in (any day now...) and I'm ready to order.

Also, I might just blind buy an Aria instead of a T2+. Nice timing. :smile:
Per crinacle, Aria has a wider sound stage than Starfield and they sound like siblings, that's a blind buy!

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #7,264 of 11,979
So, if with this, Moondrop now has t h r e e IEMs that sound almost identical, but they cost $80, $110 and $190, doesn't this just make the KXXS (to a lesser extent even the Starfield)...completely obsolete?

From another point of view, the Aria being a cheaper-Starfield-being-a-cheaper-KXXS is an absolute win for value for money, and it happens to be my favorite of the three design wise, too. But I really hope a KXXS successor is happening soon because the Aria just completely buried them, unless there's something I'm missing here.

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #7,265 of 11,979
KxxS and Starfield don't really sound the same. Starfield has got a much more relaxed tuning than the KxxS, more bass and no 5kHz bump.

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #7,266 of 11,979
KxxS and Starfield don't really sound the same. Starfield has got a much more relaxed tuning than the KxxS, more bass and no 5kHz bump.
Agree.
Crinacle was given limited time for review, that’s probably the reason he grouped them as identical sound, as an owner of both, KXXS, Starfield, If I was to call them same sounding, I will quit this hobby today, and just sell all of my iems/cans/dap&dac, and grab skullcandy with used ipod shuffle as my beloved gear forever. They sound different. KXXS(AKG 701), Starfield(HD650) to me. But @astermk ’s take also got the point KXXS family is matured and I also hope for true successor of it, KXXS is my favorite single DD so far I switched many cables and decided to fo back to default, it sounded the best with factory default.

Not only that but from someone with MBA background, moondrop’s strategy on take of amortizing their house sound sigunature of volume-zone single DD, the kanas family, is an ideal approach in maximizing profits which would be utilized capital expenditures(including but not limited to Machinery and Equipment for R&D(usually it costs a fortune), talented engineering resources(engineers with Master/Phd, expensive analysis/CAD software etc), and their brand development(marketing, royalty payment to ODMs).
The usual take is rolling out pilot model(which usually costs very high, to set a benchmark), then gradually adjusting the sounds and parameters to fit with the main volume zone (S8, B2, KXXS families, and entry model SSR/SSP, lastly the hot segment TWS).

Moondrop’s management certainly know how to run business, not as a small boutique, but as to aiming SONY/Toyota class multinational capitals.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #7,268 of 11,979
Mar 30, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #7,270 of 11,979
How fortunate that I have 2 pairs. One for everyday use and one for backup. :slight_smile:
You should buy the Aria then and report back :D

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #7,273 of 11,979
Got notice from Shenzhen audio. Aria shipped “via 4px”😭🤯😫 farewell fellows it’s probably 2months wait.
excavater-1.jpg

"Your item has been dispatched"

Mar 30, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #7,274 of 11,979
excavater-1.jpg
"Your item has been dispatched"
Lol exactly Same thing I was thinking, “oh hey the 🚢. In the canal....is moving 0.4 degree per day”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back