Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #4,966 of 11,978
Hi Moondrop, so as per this facebook post below, is there's really a Moondrop estat headphone in the works? If so, do you know a rough release date and pricing? Thanks in advance! Wishing u guys the best of luck in the development!

https://www.facebook.com/MoondropLab/photos/a.456996581726977/684012812358685/?type=3

It is confirmed long ago, It's just I can't say...
This is not a joke any more, it is true.
But I really don't know what will be on its price tag and when it will be, it was started to come to our calendar later last year, so maybe, just maybe, later half of the year.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Apr 9, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #4,968 of 11,978
sorry I saw this late, the diameter of nozzle is around 4.4mm
I mean the outer diameter of the foam not of the nozzel sry for the poor description

Apr 10, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #4,969 of 11,978
I have my moondrop s8 for a couple of days now. I experienced definately a learning curve how to fit them correctly and what tips to use.
In the beginning days I was irritated about the fully closed housing.
Most of my other in-ears are vented, or have very narrow nozzles. The resulting suction and feeling of a full seal wasn't all that pleasent so I tried different sizes and ear tips and settled on a shallow fit with medium sized tips. Although the sound being very good, there was some splashy brightness to it.
I suspectd it to be the upper midrange - I was wrong.

Using them for a couple of hours I noticed a hotspot was forming. So i tried to figure out how to get rid of the hotspot and I noticed the in-ears were far from sitting flush within my ears. The lower part sticking out to much. So I went for the small tips and tried to fit them deeper until I reach a flush fit. The hotspot went away and the sound changed considerably. Bass is fuller and the splashyness went away, everything sounding more relaxed now. With deep fit though there is another issue which can change the sound.
You have to be carefull not overpressurizing your ear canal when inserting them. I figured out the best practise is to open the mouth slightly when inserting. Overpressure tends to congest the sound, losing volume and bass presence.
One problem is still present which is a drawback of fully sealed in ears. The inner volume of your ear canals change when moving your head or your jaw. Stretching or squeezing your ear canals.Though there is no way for the enclosed system to depressurize This does change the perception of sound to some extend depending on your head rotation.

I hope it's not boring read everybody figured out already.
Giving it some more days I will post more in depth impressions of the sound quality I'm hearing :)

Apr 10, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #4,971 of 11,978
mmexport1586541140929.jpghow do you guys think about this design?

Apr 10, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #4,973 of 11,978
Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #4,974 of 11,978
mmexport1586541140929.jpghow do you guys think about this design?

i like it. that screw has it a function or just asthetic. can you tell us somthing about the driver :D ?

Apr 10, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #4,975 of 11,978
i like it. that screw has it a function or just asthetic. can you tell us somthing about the driver :D ?
My guess is that it is a DD driver, since it is a spaceship upgrade and that the form of it seems to be suited for a DD.

Apr 10, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #4,976 of 11,978
Beryllium micro dynamic driver

Apr 10, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #4,977 of 11,978
Apr 10, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #4,979 of 11,978
Apr 10, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #4,980 of 11,978
how do you guys think about this design?

It looks beautiful but I'd love to see a black option and lips on the nozzle.

It's not a thing that affects everyone but I had to sell my KXXS because of the smooth nozzle, my tips didn't lock onto the nozzle and it started getting slippery after a while and then the tip eventually ended up stuck in my ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back