Moon Audio Silver Dragon Cable with JHpro13
Sep 27, 2013 at 12:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dhc0329

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got the Silver Dragon cable yesterday and am now totally blown away how the cable opened up the sound spectrum. I feel like my JHPro has been upgraded to next notch. 
I was using whiplash audio twag cable and didn't like the build quality at all. This one was built solid and sounding like a pro!   

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 9
It's a lot stiffer than the twag or stock but flexible enough. I actually didn't like it any more than the stock cable. I found it had sonic trade offs on my jh13fp. It had less hash but was no more revealing and not better tonally. I slightly preferred the harmonic balance of the stock cable. Sounded clean to give the impression of more clarity but not really more informative. Moon recommends 200 hrs breakin so unless the reviewed is a used cable.......

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #5 of 9
After hearing it with Silver Dragon, the stock cable sounded so tiny and thin to me. I get much fuller and open response with bigger sound stage. Definitely louder at same volume level.
This was about after 24 hours of use...

Sep 28, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #6 of 9
It brings the midbass through lower treble too forward for me. The volume thing should strike you as odd. I think the frequency extremes are a bit lessened in comparison. It's a good cable and the effects aren't radical but it wasn't for me. Glad you like it. I'm sure other will as well.
bigsmile_face.gif
 Don't know until you try and it was one of the better ones I tried. 

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #9 of 9
It brings the midbass through lower treble too forward for me. The volume thing should strike you as odd. I think the frequency extremes are a bit lessened in comparison. It's a good cable and the effects aren't radical but it wasn't for me. Glad you like it. I'm sure other will as well.:bigsmile_face:  Don't know until you try and it was one of the better ones I tried. 

do you think it could be due to the termination and not the cable itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back