Moon Audio Blue Dragon V2 pictures?
Jul 14, 2005 at 5:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

akwok

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the new Version of the Blue Dragon; if you do, please do not hesitate to post. Moon-Audio does not seem to have an updated picture on their website.

Thanks!

Jul 14, 2005 at 7:52 AM Post #2 of 17
I don't have a digicam
frown.gif

It looks exactly the same as the original, except that the default color techflex is black. You can ask for any color techflex when you order.

Jul 14, 2005 at 7:55 AM Post #3 of 17
Ooh.

Do you happen to have a post or something regarding the difference in changing from stock? I've read Ross' review on the new version, and I just want a second opinion..
tongue.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 8:26 AM Post #4 of 17
There are a few comments in this thread: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ht=blue+dragon

Also, I've gotten K1000s since then, and my perspective has changed a bit.
So, here goes:
1. I still like HD650+BDv2 soundstage, but it doesn't match K1000's openess and naturalness of sound projection.
2. BDv2 improves great bass definition and impact, without sacrificing the sense of ambiance is unique to HD650.
3. BDv2 also lets through more texture. For example, strings sounds less homogenized than with stock cable. I noticed that the HD650 still smooths over fine details a bit, but it could very likely be the fault my DAC1 amp. Been waiting for my Dynahi to be built for a long time now. The end is near
icon10.gif

4. I want to reiterate that stock HD650 sounds unfocused.
5. Frequency balance is close to stock; I feel that this is very natural. The other replacement cable I've used, Silver Dragon, moves the sound towards SA5000 likeness. I couldn't stand the SA5000; but HD650+Silver Dragon was more bearable.

Jul 14, 2005 at 8:39 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
There are a few comments in this thread: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ht=blue+dragon

Also, I've gotten K1000s since then, and my perspective has changed a bit.
So, here goes:
1. I still like HD650+BDv2 soundstage, but it doesn't match K1000's openess and naturalness of sound projection.
2. BDv2 improves great bass definition and impact, without sacrificing the sense of ambiance is unique to HD650.
3. BDv2 also lets through more texture. For example, strings sounds less homogenized than with stock cable. I noticed that the HD650 still smooths over fine details a bit, but it could very likely be the fault my DAC1 amp. Been waiting for my Dynahi to be built for a long time now. The end is near
icon10.gif

4. I want to reiterate that stock HD650 sounds unfocused.
5. Frequency balance is close to stock; I feel that this is very natural. The other replacement cable I've used, Silver Dragon, moves the sound towards SA5000 likeness. I couldn't stand the SA5000; but HD650+Silver Dragon was more bearable.

Ahh, thanks a lot.. I can't wait to recieve mine. I know what you mean by 4.), :).

Jul 14, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcMasterJ
The second two pictures on the website under the Blue Dragon listing are the version 2. You can tell because the wires are stranded and the cable is a darker shade of blue.

All the pictures are of the first version; those pictures were on the website a long time before the second version was introduced. As I said before, Version 2 uses black techflex by default (there is only a hint of blue under the black). Also, there is no way you can tell if the wires are stranded by looking at those pictures. Perhaps you are talking about the braiding? In any case, all the Dragon cables are braided.

Jul 15, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcMasterJ
I just picked up my 6' Blue Dragon v2 and 6" Silver Dragon mini IC today.

cables.jpg

cables2.jpg

How's it sound?
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #10 of 17
Great
biggrin.gif
A very nice all around improvement over the stock cable. It sounded great right away, but should sound even better once well burned in. Hope you enjoy yours when you get it! The IC also makes a big improvement.

Jul 16, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #11 of 17
Is it like.. a "WOW this cable rocks" improvement? Highly noticable?

Jul 16, 2005 at 5:34 AM Post #12 of 17
Umm probably not right away at least. It is noticable that it sounds better, but it sounds like the stock cable, only better. I was more wowed by the Silver Dragon headphone cable than the Blue Dragon v2 when I tried them both, but that is because the Blue Dragon sounds similar to what I am used to listening to and the Silver Dragon makes it sound so different. I did try a HD600 cable after listening to those two and I couldn't listen to it long because it sounded so horrible in comparison. The 650 cable is better, but sounds more like there is something in between holding back the sound in comparison to the Blue Dragon. It is a noticable improvement to me, but I'll have a better idea about it when I have spent some more time with it.

Jul 19, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #14 of 17
HOLY crap, mine arrived today. It looks so nice, and the sound is AMAZING. Blew the stock out of the water, improved on EVERY aspect.

Jul 19, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
HOLY crap, mine arrived today. It looks so nice, and the sound is AMAZING. Blew the stock out of the water, improved on EVERY aspect.

*******it...people making other people spend lots of money. What has this world come to?

Now...If I only had the money to spend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back