Montreal Meet at the SSI 2011
Mar 25, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #61 of 84
Just recieved the t-shirts today. We have 1 medium, 2 larges and 2 x-larges. Jude also sent us 5 head-fi bags, big thanks to him! 

Still in need of answers for the times you think you'll come!

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #62 of 84
HERE IS THE CODE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BE EXHIBITORS: HEADFI10.

Just click on the yellow bar at the bottom, enter the code and all the prices should go down to 0.

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #68 of 84
People seem to have had some problems with the badges, but it works fine for me. When you go first on the inscriptions page, http://salonsonimage.com/EN/Registration/form.html, click on the yellow Cliquez ici pour entrer un code promotionnel

then enter ****headfi10**** without the ****. It just worked for me.

Also, please note: it worked on the french page. When I tried it on the english page it didn't work. So, in order for the thing to work, you have to go through the french page.

Another thing. Michel told me last year he wanted to have 100% of the gear transit through the loading docks. I will be using that way on thursday, but since most people will only be coming on friday, saturday and sunday during the day, I'll ask Michel what he prefers us to do. He told me he wanted to avoid having us walk through the visitor's entrance with boxes in ours hands, if possible.

Mar 30, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #70 of 84
Just learned that it was this weekend! Which day are you meeting?

I won't be able to bring a source, but if someone's interested, I can bring my Hagerman Castanet, my Cavalli Audio EHHA Rev. A, my HifiMAN HE-5LE and/or my Grado HF-2. However, I'm completely lost about how these meets actually work. If I understand correctly, we register as exhibitors?

Mar 30, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #71 of 84
Hi guys!

I just picked up on the thread. What should I bring at the show?
Is anyone interested in a power filter, power cables and the Digital Interface which is an USB to S/PDIF converter?
At what time do the doors close on Friday?
I might be able to be there around 6h30 or Saturday morning and afternoon.

Mar 30, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #72 of 84
It closes at 21h on friday, but I just had a chat with Michel and there are specific rules concerning gear and box carrying on friday, saturday and sunday:

- If you are to bring gear DURING the show (meaning after thursday evening) you have to enter the hotel AT LEAST 1h15 before the doors open to the public. That means before 8h45 saturday and sunday morning. Michel told me he wanted to have the least people possible with gear in their hands so please be there early. That'll give you some time to set up everything and give it a try before everyone arrives.

- I'm not sure about the loading dock on saturday and sunday, but I'll give Michel a check for that. If anyone wants to bring big boxes and load them all at once please send me an email, I'll check with him if it works.

Also, I'd love to hear your whole setup punk_guy! I couldn't give the ref 1 dac a good listen last time, and could you bring the SE cables for HD650, to try them on the twinhead?

Mar 31, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #73 of 84
I'd love to bring my entire rig but I don't have a car or the time take care of it for the week-end. Therefore, I can only bring stuff that fit in a backpack.
I'll bring my Sennheiser HD 650 SE cable.
Also, can I go through the front door with audio gear in my backpack or will I be searched and not let through? I intend to arrive Friday at 18h30.

Mar 31, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #75 of 84
I guess a backpack will be 100% allright. All he wanted is to have the least possible boxes travelling through the front doors during opening hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back